Contribute
Register

[FAILED :(] X99A MSI GAMING PRO CARBON, i7 6950X, GTX 980 Ti, Samsung 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
CPU
2.3 GHz Intel Quad Core i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I have all the parts and PC build up and running smoothly on Windows 10. Going to be hackintoshing it.

Looking for tips and tricks that I should be aware of, so far I tried following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...te-ga-x99-designare-ex-sierra-10-12-2.210140/

which is pretty similar except no NVMe SSD and using a gigabyte x99 mobo instead of my MSI one. Unfortunately, no luck. Additionally, I tried a vanilla installation and run into allocation issues. I'm going to be trying this build next: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-6950x-gtx-980ti-samsung-960-evo-nvme.209334/

It is much closer to my setup, however again it is a different MOBO. (not sure if that is the main issue or not here).

If anyone can shed some light or found another link with this exact motherboard, let me know! I'll be cataloging things there.

Update: I followed a combination of both those guides with a combination of both their kexts/configs and I get to the spot seen in my sceenshot attached. I see a few things failing along the way.
(1)
Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 3.53.43 PM.png
"name" not a kext
"FailedCLUT" not a kext
"FailedImage" not a kext

(2)
AppleALC: init 0 automatically disabling on an unsupported operating system
AppleALC: init 0 found a disabling argument or no arguments, exiting
Kext as.vlt9696.AppleALC start failed (result 0x5).
Kext as.vlt9696.AppleALC failed to load (0xdc000017).
Failed to load kext as.vlt9696.AppleALC (error 0xdc000017).
NullCPUPowerManagement::init: properties=<ptr>
Couldn't alloc class "AppleALC"

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 9.46.52 PM.png

(3)
AMFILoadTrustedKeyesFromNVRam: failed getting NVRAM
Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 3.45.42 PM.png

Not totally sure what that means or what the "fix" for each of these are. It stalls at the bottom of the last screenshot and then reboots back into the clover main menu screen.

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Last edited:
UPDATE #2
After trying various different builds (looked up the original builds that were referenced) and conglomerating them, I still have the exact same issues as above. As always, I appreciate any and all help :)

UPDATE #3
I removed realtekALC.kext and AppleALC.kext from the kexts folder and the AppleALC error (#2) went away.

I removed the DSDT.aml provided by Rocket 88's build guide, however I still have the NVRAM error (#3). X

I tried booting up in safe mode as well to no success. X

The new thing now is that it starts a reboot loop when it hits: [ PCI configuration begin ]

After googling this issue, I found this in the "Big list of solutions...." thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/big-list-of-solutions-for-el-capitan-install-problems.173991/):
Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 10.20.15 PM.png
I haven't tried disabling USB3 yet, however I will try that. X
I have not tried #2 as I don't understand it nor do I have that motherboard. X
I already have npci=0x3000 in the clover configurator otherwise it would not boot.
I do have the 980 Ti however I cannot remove it as it is the only graphics card I have currently and x99 doesn't have integrated graphics. X

As always, any and all help is greatly appreciated. Let me know if there is anything in particular I should provide to help debugging this issue :thumbup:

Last edited:
Update #4

I just tried setting: cpus = 1 and I don't see an NVRAM error anymore however now it simply hangs on [ PCI configuration begin ]

(tried it with and without the DSDT.aml provided by Rocket 88's build guide. Whenever I use the DSDT.aml, it leads to an NVRAM error even with cpus = 1)

UPDATE #5:
Looked up how to extract the DSDT and SSDT files from my Windows installation. Found RW Everything recommended from another post (http://rweverything.com/). Saved/extracted the DSDT.bin and SSDT.bin files, transferred them to my macbook pro and renamed them to DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml.

I copied the DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml files over to: EFI>CLOVER>ACPI>patched. Now, I don't get any NVRAM errors with or without cpus = 1 enabled.

However, now it either hangs on [ PCI configuration begin ] or just reboots 5 seconds after reaching [ PCI configuration begin ].

I have tried safe boot and cpus = 1. I have tried a few different USB Ports as well just in case, however no luck.

Finally, I found this guide: https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-guide-part-2-creating-clover-install-usb/ posted by nick woodhams

I will probably be trying out this guide (specifically step-by-step) soon if keep having issues getting to the installer however, it is very similar to the other x99 guides available with seemingly minor tweaks so I'm not sure much will change. In some of the comments below, it looks like other people had this very similar issue of getting stuck at [ PCI configuration begin ] but they don't know exactly what they did to get past the issue.

For reference, this is where I'm hanging:
IMG_0213.JPG

Last edited:
UPDATE #6
Tried removing all but 1 stick of RAM. Additionally, removed custom flags included by Rocket 88 in the clover config. It stalls on AMFILoad

Additionally I just noticed that there has been an "Unsynchronized TSC for cpu" line which is an error I think. I'll have to look up what this means, I've kinda missed that this was present in my previous screenshots as well.

Screenshot:
IMG_0214.JPG

Last edited:
UPDATE #7 (probably my final one for some time)
Bad news guys, I have spent hours and hours trying to figure out how to get past the [ PCI configuration begin ] hang up nor the "Unsynchronized TSC for cpu" to no success. I have seemingly tried every possible combination of boot flags (-v, -x, dart=0, cpus=1, npci=0x2000, npci=0x3000, -xcpm, slide=0, kext-dev-mode=1, debug=0x100, nv_disable=1, rootless=0, etc.) in every possible way I could think of. And I have tried about a dozen different x99 guides (that have been successful with all the same components except this particular MSI motherboard) and all the different kexts.

I just didn't imagine the motherboard would have THAT big of an impact since other MSI x99 motherboards worked too except for this one. I didn't think it would make it so difficult.

Anywho, I'll be following this thread still so if anyone has success with either this motherboard or has some sort of insight, let me know. I've also posted this in 3 other forums too and no one has responded in any of them either :( so I guess I must be the only one with this motherboard :-/

Take care guys. Hopefully you all have better luck hackintoshing than I do :)

Sorry I am new here, I've similar configurations. I can test some of the tweaks. If you share your knowledge with me.
X99A MSI Titanium ,
i7 6950X,
GTX 1080 Ti,
Samsung 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back