Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Failed update to monterey with "a required firmware update could not be installed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening everyone.
I've just downloaded a fresh OC0.7.5 and created a USB installer and tried to install Monterey on an internal Gigabyte 512GB SSD that previously did have both Catalina and Big Sur installs on (erased in between each of course) with no errors but it has refused to allow Monterey install with the "A firmware update could not be installed" error.

I am in the process now of trying it again with the Advise Features = True workaround.

I did read elsewhere that this is to do with the machine not being connected to the internet (which it isn't right at the moment). Is internet connection a pre-requisite to get this working?

Maybe I should try a different Manufacturer destination volume?

Evening everyone.
I've just downloaded a fresh OC0.7.5 and created a USB installer and tried to install Monterey on an internal Gigabyte 512GB SSD that previously did have both Catalina and Big Sur installs on (erased in between each of course) with no errors but it has refused to allow Monterey install with the "A firmware update could not be installed" error.

I am in the process now of trying it again with the Advise Features = True workaround.

I did read elsewhere that this is to do with the machine not being connected to the internet (which it isn't right at the moment). Is internet connection a pre-requisite to get this working?

Maybe I should try a different Manufacturer destination volume?
This problem fixed on new bootloader

This problem fixed on new bootloader
I downloaded and used the latest release listed which was 0.7.5. Should I have downloaded something else? (noob)

I did use 0.7.5 which was the latest release on the downloads page. Must have missed something I guess.

same here with GM Monterey:
after message could not install firmware-update i changed smbios to iMac16,2 installation passed message

after succesfull complete installation i changed smbios back to iMacPro1,1

with clover 5141

didn't work for me ... I had to use iMac18,3

I am having the same issues on a macbook 8,1 with the latest release. I see that there is a 7,6 now but thats not included in the patcher yet...

Same problems on my Dell7080MFF, i7-10700. And now I have been added AdviseFeatures=True in config.plist of OpenCore 0.7.7, but I don't know that it needs to be re-install again or reboot into macOS installer?
I am trying to reboot into macOS installer but the Error stills shown on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back