Failed to open OSX Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5 750
Graphics
GTX275
Hi,

I've been using mountain lion on my system for the last 6 months or so and I'm finally trying to upgrade to Yosemite. I'm following the guide on here and have used unibeast to make the usb drive.

I can boot into that and get to the first step of the install where I select a language. However, after that I get the message:

Failed to open OS X Installer.
The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSinstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged.

I thought this may have been an issue with the usb drive, so reformatted and created it again, same issue.

I then redownloaded Yosemite from the app store in case it hadn't downloaded correctly and again, formatted and booted from this. However I still get the same message.

There are two buttons on the message, restart or start up disk.

Can anybody help at all? Had no real issues when I installed mountain lion before.

Thanks

I can boot into that and get to the first step of the install where I select a language. However, after that I get the message:

Failed to open OS X Installer.
The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSinstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged.

Check whether the file is present in the location or not.
Code:
ls /Volumes/[B]<Your USB Name>[/B]/System/Installation/Packages/

Is the error showing regarding OSinstall.mpkg or OSinstall.pkg ??

Is the bootable USB created with Latest Unibeast??

Check whether the file is present in the location or not.
Code:
ls /Volumes/[B]<Your USB Name>[/B]/System/Installation/Packages/

Is the error showing regarding OSinstall.mpkg or OSinstall.pkg ??

Is the bootable USB created with Latest Unibeast??

Thanks,

Its saying no such file or directory. It was created using a copy of Unibeast I downloaded from this site about 2 days ago so I'm assuming its the latest version.

When the error comes up, it is OSinstall.mpkg.

Its saying no such file or directory.

The directory need to be there. See my output below (From my UniBeast USB)
Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 8.52.54 am.png

Hi again,

Finally got it to find the file, I basically did the whole process again and removed any spaces/special characters from the drive name.

However, even after checking these files are there, I still get the same error right at the start of the installer. :confused:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 18.24.02.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-05 at 18.24.02.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 630
Hi again,

Finally got it to find the file, I basically did the whole process again and removed any spaces/special characters from the drive name.

However, even after checking these files are there, I still get the same error right at the start of the installer. :confused:

Not sure why it giving an error.

Do one thing make another USB with clover then try to install with it.

GUIDE: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back