Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

I see! Last time I checked Overclockers they didn’t have any. I bought the Sapphire 6800 from them. But £930 for an XT...ouch

I wouldn't be paying that much, my 6900 was less than that just before Xmas.

I wouldn't be paying that much, my 6900 was less than that just before Xmas.
With the lack of support for macOS yet, i’m tempted to sell my 6800 and pick one up again at a later date when they are more available and the prices are more reasonable. With the state of things though, it’s impossible to determine when that would be, or if it would even be worthwhile at all!

With the lack of support for macOS yet, i’m tempted to sell my 6800 and pick one up again at a later date when they are more available and the prices are more reasonable. With the state of things though, it’s impossible to determine when that would be, or if it would even be worthwhile at all!
You can use it for mining, by the time the card is widely available, you’d get a card for free.

can't boot 11.3 (beta 1) with my 6900XT neither, working on 11.2 without the acceleration of course, but I at least can boot properly.

is there someone who can boot on 11.3 beta 1 with RX 6XXX(XT)?
hey man, seems like we have similar setups, are you able to send me your EFI folder? cant boot... there must be something im doing wrong. im sutck in Failed to bootstrap path.

Or if anyone can check it out ill really appreciate it!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 73
Even if Apple still supported new Nvidia cards, I don't think many of these will sell. Makes our Rx 6000 cards a bargain.
Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 00.02.15.png

Last edited:
Question :
Was there any valid AMD.kext in any MacOS (Mojave & Catalina - Public Release or Beta) before any Apple Hardware has Vega or RX5000 AMD GPU ?

I think it is difficult for Apple to start selling a APPLE RX 6800 XT (only for MacPro 2019) without any stock, isn't it ?

Any ideas ?

Question :
Was there any valid AMD.kext in any MacOS (Mojave & Catalina - Public Release or Beta) before any Apple Hardware has Vega or RX5000 AMD GPU ?

I think it is difficult for Apple to start selling a APPLE RX 6800 XT (only for MacPro 2019) without any stock, isn't it ?

Any ideas ?
Apple first had support for RX 5000 in macOS 10.15.1 beta which was released in Oct. 11, 2019. I believe the 16-inch MBP was the first Apple hardware that had Rx 5000 GPU inside and that was released in Nov. 13, 2019.

Question :

Any ideas ?

AMD would probably prioritise supply to Apple, to keep in their good books.

Back