Contribute
Register

[Success] AMD RX6000 Series working in macOS

Still no full support in the latest beta unfortunately

Any file changes in beta2 that might indicate at least work was being done on it between releases?
Unfortunately nothing has changed in those files for this beta.

Just my thoughts, I'd suspect we don't much more here as I believe iMac is the next machine to get "M1ed" or similar. iMac Pro and Mac Pro, higher-end MacBooks will likely get a new chip. I see no reason for Apple to bother with new GPUs from third party. Just my 2 cents.

Plus looking at how well these scale, the M1 performs close to the i9s and high-end machines. It is seriously likely they can scale this quite a bit and we don't see another x86 / third-party enhancement from here on.

Just my thoughts, I'd suspect we don't much more here as I believe iMac is the next machine to get "M1ed" or similar. iMac Pro and Mac Pro, higher-end MacBooks will likely get a new chip. I see no reason for Apple to bother with new GPUs from third party. Just my 2 cents.

Plus looking at how well these scale, the M1 performs close to the i9s and high-end machines. It is seriously likely they can scale this quite a bit and we don't see another x86 / third-party enhancement from here on.
What about the $6000 mac pro they just released last year. No way they will punt on the people who shelled out $10-20k on a new workstation. All of the 6000 level cards will work with those as they designed it for AMD.

Relax guys they will do it soon. Don't forget iMac pro and Mac pro just released in 2019 and Apple must support them at least 5 years. They should have a contract with Amd for all this time. Big contracts like this are for long-term. Probably Apple have future plans for sure, but not for next 5 years. That's my thoughts will see is only 2 months past we must have little patience.

Relax guys they will do it soon. Don't forget iMac pro and Mac pro just released in 2019 and Apple must support them at least 5 years. They should have a contract with Amd for all this time. Big contracts like this are for long-term. Probably Apple have future plans for sure, but not for next 5 years. That's my thoughts will see is only 2 months past we must have little patience.
Also, AMD hasn’t really released a second wave of drivers for the cards. The 5700 series drivers were released shortly after AND released updated drivers. Catalina 15.3?

I feel sad now. Still waiting

Also, AMD hasn’t really released a second wave of drivers for the cards. The 5700 series drivers were released shortly after AND released updated drivers. Catalina 15.3?
Actually, I'm pretty sure it was with 15.1, as I updated my old 5.1 early with OpenCore to test 5700XT and prepare for a new metal future.

Still no full support in the latest beta unfortunately
Do you keep both cards always in your pc and when you switch to mac just disconnect cable from rx 6800xt? I have 6800 and 5700xt but i don't know if is safe to keep both installed in pc.

Back