Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can anyone help me? I have been trying to install the most recent version of snow leopard on a Compaq nx9420 using Iboot. At this time it doesn't get past the apple logo screen and the spinning wheel. Most times it just hangs up/locks up at that point. I can't change SATA to AHCI mode which I don't know if I can even do this. I beginning to think that my graphics controller isn't compatible with Iboot (even tried older version of Iboot) Sorry, just a beginner on this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Intel Core Duo processor T2400 (1.83-GHz, 667-MHz FSB, 2-MB L2 cache)
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics controller with 256 MB of discrete video memory
ADI1981HD High Definition CODEC
100-GB 5400 rpm SATA
No Operating system installed

Hey Salt..no sweat. This is what you need to do.

ATI Mobility cards are difficult to install. BUT there is a solution. I have a ATI Mobility 4850 and what i did was the following.

First you will need to download the RadeonHD kext from Insanelymac.com. Its also referred to as Dong's RadeonHD kext. a Kext is a driver. Secondly, you will need to compile a DSDT file for your laptop. Again, go to insanelymac.com and download DSDT Editor.

Boot up with iBoot and get to the Mac Desktop.

With DSDT editor you will be able to download your DSDT from your computer. A DSDT file is basically a software adaptation for your laptop Bios. Once you have extracted your DSDT file you will see that there will be errors. you need to click on Fix Errors. Hopefully you will have no errors showing once you are done with fix errors. Then you need to COMPILE this file and save it as DSDT.AML

Place your DSDT.aml on the Mac Desktop. Place the RadeonHD.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions folder. Also you will place in the trash the ATI_Init.kext and the ATIx1000.kext

Now, you will run Multibeast and check off the following selections:

USER DSDT
SYSTEM Utilities
in the Advanced Tab you will select
32 bit Apple Load Screen (do not select the one that says Graphics Enabler=No)

Now, you cross your fingers and you boot up. When you get to the chameleon screen press a button quickly before the bar runs out. Now type -v and hit enter. This -v command will allow you to see what is loading on the comp. If your comp freezes you can take a picture of the screen and send that in here and we can see what it is that is the probs.

Now if you can't get the DSDT file to compile, you can checkoff the EASYBEAST setting instead of the USERDSDT setting. Still select the other selections I advised.

if it boots up successfully and you cant use your laptop keyboard and/or trackpad, connect a USB keyboard and mouse to your laptop and load up Multibeast again and check the following settings:

- System Ultilities
under the Advanced settings select
- USB Rollback
-Voodoo PS2 Drivers

If you don't get audio you can try the Audio driver Voodoo 2.7.2, they usually work well.

Outside of that, maybe Macman or someone else can provide help.

Hildi

Since I'm a real noob I got lost after the first paragraph. You will have to dummy it down even further. I download the two files that you suggested. I booted up Iboot on my compaq and it took me to the next screen. I then placed the editor in the drive and hit F5. Nothing...I take it this is when I became a tool and didn't know what the heck I was doing. Can you hold my hand and walk me through this stage? Thanks in advance.

I have the same pc your problem is the cpus

try booting with "cpus=1" flag , or disable dual-core from the bios and you will be fine.

consta00 said:
I have the same pc your problem is the cpus

try booting with "cpus=1" flag , or disable dual-core from the bios and you will be fine.

Hi, I have the same laptop (nx9420). Please before trying to installl osx, could you tell me what works and what doesn't work.

OSX version=
CPUS= 1
Full resolution=
LAN ethernet=
Bluetoth=
Wifi=
USB=
Card reader=
Sound=

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.