Contribute
Register

Facetime sounds Barry White like on the receiving end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Updated to 12.6 from 11.6. Now FaceTime callers say my voice sounds like Barry White (VERY VERY LOW/deep). Sound works like normal otherwise.

Using a Logitech c920 with built in mic. Was plugged into a 3.0USB when in OSX 11.6 and worked fine. Device is spec'd for 2.0 USB. In OSX12.6, 2.0 device won't work in 3.0 ports for me. The Logitech is now connected to a 2.0 port and getting the low deep voice. Sure if the 2.0 vs 3.0 is the issue here or if its just coincedence.

Under Hakintool, the Logitech has a device speed of 480Mbps.

Thoughts?

Updated to 12.6 from 11.6. Now FaceTime callers say my voice sounds like Barry White (VERY VERY LOW/deep). Sound works like normal otherwise.

Using a Logitech c920 with built in mic. Was plugged into a 3.0USB when in OSX 11.6 and worked fine. Device is spec'd for 2.0 USB. In OSX12.6, 2.0 device won't work in 3.0 ports for me. The Logitech is now connected to a 2.0 port and getting the low deep voice. Sure if the 2.0 vs 3.0 is the issue here or if its just coincedence.

Under Hakintool, the Logitech has a device speed of 480Mbps.

Thoughts?
First of all I'm sorry to hear that. Updates can often throw us off course even with the most stable of systems.

As to ideas I think it may well be to do with the speed of your USB ports and/or your current USB configuration interfering with the latest version of macOS.

As to solutions I think it is to do with how much power your USB bus is currently providing. In which case you have a few options. SSDT-EC.aml is the standard Opencore recommended SSDT but honestly others do use SSDT-EC-USBX.aml for power requirements. You will also need some other SSDTs like the ones shown in this Haswell build from @Edhawk, particularly PLUG, XOSI and SBUS-MCHC
> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-haswell-system-macos-monterey-12-0-1-oc-0-7-5.317413/

It's probably because your USB ports aren't fully configured which is why you are experiencing the glitching.

You could try using corpnewt's USBMap tool and generate a USBMapLegacy.kext and see how that fairs.

Will you talk to me in your Barry White voice, I’d find that quite soothing!.

It's a feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back