Contribute
Register

Facetime on Hackintosh Lion

Is Your Facetime Working on Lion (Hackintosh)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Facetime, all works!!!

used in usb 3 ports!!

OOB :)

logitech c510

After trying everything on Apple's support community, changed boot to Chameleon RC5 r755. Now Facetime works.

THanks

ringogutd said:
After trying everything on Apple's support community, changed boot to Chameleon RC5 r755. Now Facetime works.

THanks

from chimera to chameleon? would that work in lion?

macbookpro32 said:
ringogutd said:

THanks

Yes, just replace the boot file while you register FaceTime then you can change back to you previous boot (EG: Chimera).

I'm in Vegas next month, I'll fix it for you then :headbang:

Okay, for those who could not boot back into lion after boot change, and no luck using time machine to restore, this is how I fixed it. Had to start from scratch, install SL using iboot + multibeast method, install all updates to 10.6.8, and use time machine to restore last 10.6.8 files. I had to copy com.apple.boot plist to get into app store, reinstall all purchased apps, (including Lion), and use xmove to install lion. Delete previous restored files of last 10.6.8, and restore last Lion back up and drag and drop files to corresponding folders. Now the new finder doesn't show restored files, so you have to type in shearch bar in finder. In my case, my old hard drive was named "snow leopard". After you copy your files,(picture, movies, etc..) delete your restored files you just copied from. Next, use CCC to do a clone so you don't have to go through this time consuming process again. Hope this helps at least one person out there. Couldn't get any help on changing bootloader back to chimera so hope someone can benefit from my mistake. :banghead:

D-an-W said:
macbookpro32 said:
ringogutd said:

THanks

Yes, just replace the boot file while you register FaceTime then you can change back to you previous boot (EG: Chimera).

I'm in Vegas next month, I'll fix it for you then :headbang:

Do you mean just replace the boot file while you are registering FaceTime and then swap back the original boot or do you need to restart with the new boot file before registering FaceTime?

junkhead92 said:
Okay, for those who could not boot back into lion after boot change, and no luck using time machine to restore, this is how I fixed it. Had to start from scratch, install SL using iboot + multibeast method, install all updates to 10.6.8, and use time machine to restore last 10.6.8 files. I had to copy com.apple.boot plist to get into app store, reinstall all purchased apps, (including Lion), and use xmove to install lion. Delete previous restored files of last 10.6.8, and restore last Lion back up and drag and drop files to corresponding folders. Now the new finder doesn't show restored files, so you have to type in shearch bar in finder. In my case, my old hard drive was named "snow leopard". After you copy your files,(picture, movies, etc..) delete your restored files you just copied from. Next, use CCC to do a clone so you don't have to go through this time consuming process again. Hope this helps at least one person out there. Couldn't get any help on changing bootloader back to chimera so hope someone can benefit from my mistake. :banghead:
If you have access to another Mac and an external hard drive enclosure (or something similar) you can pull your hosed boot drive and mount it on the working Mac (USB, Firewire, whatever) and install Chimera from there. By default Chimera will want to install to your working Mac's boot drive, don't do that. Instead change the install location to the drive from your hack.

Chameleon R755 does not worked for me on Lion. System hangs up at boot time. I had to boot from iBoot to Snow Leopard installer to return original boot file (previously saved) in terminal.

Guys, before trying R755 bootloader please make a backup of your current one:
cp /boot /boot_backup

It can save a hours of your life.

enjoy :)

Attachments

• Chameleon-2.0-RC5-r755-Lion.zip
    1 MB · Views: 169
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back