Contribute
Register

Facetime Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
drummer10630 said:
My Facetime suddenly started working. I did the 755 boot file, edited hosts file, and all the normal stuff, and none of that "seemed" to work. I tried one last thing, I enabled internet time updates, and set my time zone to where I am actually located, and upon next reboot, it started working.

How did you do the Chameleon r755 boot file please? I have the latest Chimera v1.50, but when I tried replacing this with Chameleon r755 I bricked my system and had to use iBoot and a SL backup to recover.

Thanks

I have tried everything, including Chameleon RC2 r755. I have just done all this for testing. It just won't let me log into FaceTime and work properly.

1. re-installed a fresh copy of lion onto a blank hand drive still no FaceTime.

2. re-installed lion as an upgrade from snow leopard - still no FaceTime

3. tried using dns 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 - no FaceTime

4. tried a new copy of a host file - no FaceTime

5. installed Chameleon RC2 r755 -Facetime works but fails every time I make a call

6. tried using ethernet instead of wifi - no FaceTime

7. trashed all the FaceTime preferences - still no FaceTime!

8. tried adding a keychain item for FaceTime - still not working!!!

any think else I have missed? it works 100% on my macbook pro! the same copy of lion!

Ima on a badaxe 2 with q6660, 6gb ram, vanilla installed with only one kext (facesmc) all the rest is done with dsdt.

Try the latest version of Chameleon 2.1 r1493. Facetime works flawlessly.

Please note that I didn't made any tweaks like DNS or host file mod. I just have the google's DNS set on my wireless router, not the Hackintosh itself.

Use Chameleon Wizard to update your boot file to the latest Chameleon build.

Cheers!

That's awesome news Logicpro8_user. However, would you mind a step-by-step walkthru of how you installed Chameleon 2.1 r1493 please? Did you have Chimera installed? I previously tried Chameleon 2.1 r555 and installed using the Chameleon wizard over my Chimera install but that bricked my system. Maybe I just missed a step?

Thanks in advance.

My FaceTime now logs in ok but every FaceTime call fails. anyone any ideas..

Semtex, I am sorry, someone else done it for me. Search the forum though

Logicpro8_user said:
My FaceTime now logs in ok but every FaceTime call fails. anyone any ideas..

Semtex, I am sorry, someone else done it for me. Search the forum though

In my case it works fine. With r755 worked fine, too.

Just make sure you don't have tweaks like the DNS and host file mods.

And about updating the bootloader, just select the partition where the current booter is located and Chameleon Wizar will prompt you to update. That's all. It doesn't need to brick your boot.

Cheers!

I don't have any changes to my Lion install, no dns, clean host file etc etc. still won't work.
Logs in just fine now! but Call always fail "FaceTime failed'

Logicpro8_user said:
I don't have any changes to my Lion install, no dns, clean host file etc etc. still won't work.
Logs in just fine now! but Call always fail "FaceTime failed'
I get some failed calls too but it happens when I'm calling an iPhone which is on 3G or something like that. After few retries I can make the call and also recieve.

Make sure you have UPNP enabled on the router and not blocking some ports. Check the security settings of the router.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back