Contribute
Register

Facetime Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonymacx86 said:
This bug will be fixed in the next Chimera version- we're working on it! Thanks for reporting this!

Thank YOU!!!!

You are the man!

Cheers!

Thanks Tony! Has to wait for this update as I've almost tried everything and nothing had worked for me.

Great news Tony, thx

This is the only issue I continue to have with either of my machines.

Thanks for your help. I'll wait patiently for the update.

My Facetime suddenly started working. I did the 755 boot file, edited hosts file, and all the normal stuff, and none of that "seemed" to work. I tried one last thing, that possibly made it work? I had my time zone set to GMT and internet updating of date and time OFF (as I have a Win7 OS on another drive in my desktop, and got sick of resetting the time over and over again) I enabled internet time updates, and set my time zone to where I am actually located, and upon next reboot, it started working. Go figure. I am also following another member's suggestion to never quitting Facetime, even when shutting down Lion, and that seems to be good advice so far...

drummer10630 said:
My Facetime suddenly started working. I did the 755 boot file, edited hosts file, and all the normal stuff, and none of that "seemed" to work. I tried one last thing, that possibly made it work? I had my time zone set to GMT and internet updating of date and time OFF (as I have a Win7 OS on another drive in my desktop, and got sick of resetting the time over and over again) I enabled internet time updates, and set my time zone to where I am actually located, and upon next reboot, it started working. Go figure. I am also following another member's suggestion to never quitting Facetime, even when shutting down Lion, and that seems to be good advice so far...

I've always had the Time autoupdate and the timezone set where I live and it only works with r755 bootloader.

On windows, I set the registry value to use UTC instead of local time. Therefore, I don't have any time sync issues.

I followed this guide: http://prasys.info/2010/01/fixing-time- ... sxwindows/

Follow the steps on the Registry Hack section. I hope it helps.

In the meantime, the time autoupdate doesn't do anything for me.

Cheers!

Yes, I am aware of that registry hack. I used to use it, but it messed with a few programs. I am going to try setting the Win7 disk to UTC/no updates, and see if that works, without messing with Facetime.

There is a package that changes the settings in OSX so you don't have to reconfigure the time in Windows every boot.

PM me for the file. It's called "Localtime-Toggle.pkg"

Just took the latest Chimera. Did not see this on the fix log but I am forever the optimist. No dice. Has anyone been able to use the 755 trick with a sandy bridge rig?

when i replace boot file, i cannot get back into lion. CCC saves the day (again).

ndorman21 said:
Just took the latest Chimera. Did not see this on the fix log but I am forever the optimist. No dice. Has anyone been able to use the 755 trick with a sandy bridge rig?

when i replace boot file, i cannot get back into lion. CCC saves the day (again).

same thing happened to me when I tried it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back