Register

Facetime Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
krischef18 said:
el_charlie said:
figgy said:
lol 755 saves the day after a week of trying

ps adding built in lan to dsdt lets me run any build of chameleon and have a working facetime.....efi string in boot.plist or ethernetbuiltin in chameleon will only let facetime work with 755

I hope Tonymacx86 read this post and contact the developers of Chimera to look at the 755 sources to see what changed and reapply it to the last build of Chimera.

Using the Chameleon 755 bootloader gives me some freezes related to the GTS 450 (the infamous Fermi Freeze). With Chimera, the system is more stable.

Cheers!

Over on insanely mac everyone is reporting that once you have got FaceTime activated with 755 you can then revert back to you preferred boot loader version. That is of course as long as you don't log out of face time or switch face to off. If you do you will need to revert back to 755 to bypass the error.

Many are also reporting success with a ethernet added to DSTD does anyone know of a good guide for doing this?

Thanks, but I was aware of that. I'm currently using the latest build of Chameleon and have Facetime working. But that's not a proper solution. Facetime should work with any version of the bootloader.

Regarding the DSDT I succesfully added using this:

Code:
Device (LAN0)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x09, 
                        0x03
                    })
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x06)
                            {
                                "built-in", 
                                Buffer (One)
                                {
                                    0x01
                                }, 

"device_type", 
                                Buffer (0x09)
                                {
                                    "ethernet"
                                }, 

"name", 
                                Buffer (0x2B)
                                {
                                    "Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }

This code should be placed on the correct device inside PCI0. In my case I inserted in "Device (BR1E)". You'll have to look on IOreg for the correct location.

However, I still can't use Facetime properly. Now on IOreg my network card is seen as Built-In (it was, however, en0 all the time) and the system calculates correctly the UUID without injection (the known cause of FT not working).

Nevertheless, is there another location to check if my card is recognized as Built-in???

I still hope for some news from the developers.

Cheers!

I am running SL on one partition, and Lion on another. I currently have Chimera installed on the SL partition, so when I boot, I just choose the Lion partition. If I want to use the 755 chameleon bootloader (to solve the facetime problem), could someone please list the step by step instructions on how to do this either manually, or using Chameleon Wizard?

drummer10630 said:
I am running SL on one partition, and Lion on another. I currently have Chimera installed on the SL partition, so when I boot, I just choose the Lion partition. If I want to use the 755 chameleon bootloader (to solve the facetime problem), could someone please list the step by step instructions on how to do this either manually, or using Chameleon Wizard?

Just download de Chameleron r755 "boot" file (without extension) and replace it where you have your bootloader using terminal (you SL partition). I think dragging and dropping it works, too.

You should do a backup of the Chimera's boot file if something goes wrong.

After booting with Chameleon, log in on Facetime and replace the boot file again if you prefer Chimera. There's no need to keep that bootloader all the time unless you log out of facetime in Lion.

Cheers!

Just to clarify, I am replacing the com.apple.Boot.plist?

drummer10630 said:
Just to clarify, I am replacing the com.apple.Boot.plist?

What charlie meant back there is replace your chameleon "boot" file only (don`t forget to back it up just in case), by the way chimera boot file is hidden under snowleopard found at the root of your system drive

Don`t touch your "com.apple.Boot.plist", this is your current boot configuration!!! maybe you`ll only need to include "ethernetbuiltin>yes" for chameleon 755 if it`s not there already....see earlier posts!!!

Yes, the boot file is located (in your case) on the root of your SL partition ( / ). It's probably hidden.

It doesn't have extension.

Cheers!

From within Lion, I used an app called show/hide apps to see the hidden files on my SL partition. When I tried to drag and drop the 755 boot file to SL, it gave me a prompt that said it could not be replaced as the file was hidden. I also tried doing it with Chameleon Wizard and selected folder on disk, and the SL partition, but it didnt seem to "take". Sorry for the dumb questions, but could you elaborate further please? Do I have to do this from within SL?

Ok, I figured out some of it. I have verified that the 755 boot file is on the SL partition. Facetime still not working. I even tried to see if it worked by putting the 755 file on the Lion partition as well, but no change. I have been thru the replace hosts file, and add registration keychain steps, and nothing has worked for me... anything else I can try?

drummer10630 said:
Ok, I figured out some of it. I have verified that the 755 boot file is on the SL partition. Facetime still not working. I even tried to see if it worked by putting the 755 file on the Lion partition as well, but no change. I have been thru the replace hosts file, and add registration keychain steps, and nothing has worked for me... anything else I can try?

Well, I've replaced the bootloader for two days and facetime works everytime y set the r755 boot file as the bootloader.

I've been trying many versions of Chameleon and the r755 is the only that works with Facetime.

Also make sure you have EthernetBuiltIn set to Yes on your com.apple.Boot.plist or org.chameleon.Boot.plist (depending on your BL version).

Cheers!

This bug will be fixed in the next Chimera version- we're working on it! Thanks for reporting this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back