Contribute
Register

Facetime Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Chameleon build 755 fixed FaceTime immediately in 10.7 for me... tis bizarre.

cosmicjoke said:
Using Chameleon build 755 fixed FaceTime immediately in 10.7 for me... tis bizarre.

comsicjoke where did you get the Chameleon build 755? also are you running lion?

krischef18 said:
cosmicjoke said:

comsicjoke where did you get the Chameleon build 755? also are you running lion?

of course i'm running lion (and i did say 10.7)
chameleon 755 http://www.kexts.com/view/1154-chameleo ... _lion.html
it's not a package, if you're inexperienced with installing chameleon by hand use chameleon wizard..

cosmicjoke said:
krischef18 said:
cosmicjoke said:

of course i'm running lion (and i did say 10.7)
chameleon 755 http://www.kexts.com/view/1154-chameleo ... _lion.html
it's not a package, if you're inexperienced with installing chameleon by hand use chameleon wizard..

You are the MAN comsicjoke this fixed it for me to. You are a bloody Legend.
Finally have Mac Appstore and FaceTime all Working. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

glad it helped, but it's not exactly ideal though to be using an old build of chameleon... ideally if we could get the dev interested, perhaps he could compare the changelog between the last build of chameleon where facetime worked and the following one that broke facetime... clearly in attempts to fix something else within chameleon, facetime was broken as a side effect.. they'd need to find out what that is and if there is a different way of approaching the problem.

cosmicjoke said:
glad it helped, but it's not exactly ideal though to be using an old build of chameleon... ideally if we could get the dev interested, perhaps he could compare the changelog between the last build of chameleon where facetime worked and the following one that broke facetime... clearly in attempts to fix something else within chameleon, facetime was broken as a side effect.. they'd need to find out what that is and if there is a different way of approaching the problem.

To True do you know where we can request help, I think Chameleon has its on google code repo with an issues area I will have a look and post the link up here so anyone who want to pipe in can just go directly to the right place.

Unless you have a better Idea?

Thanks again, on a side note I found that after installing 755 I also had to install the IOPCIFamily.kext fix from multi beast to see what was going on in verbose mode (-v) after pci configuration start. However I now have my G41m combo running Lion pretty much perfect except that I need to boot with -v -f every time or it just reboots.

Couldn't have done without your help.
Gratefully
Kris

Wow, THANKS!

Chameleon build 755 fixed me up also. I had tried everything else people posted:

- clean host file
- removal of certs
- adding login keys
- etc...

Weird glitch, but it worked right after changing out build 755. :thumbup:

lol 755 saves the day after a week of trying

ps adding built in lan to dsdt lets me run any build of chameleon and have a working facetime.....efi string in boot.plist or ethernetbuiltin in chameleon will only let facetime work with 755

figgy said:

ps adding built in lan to dsdt lets me run any build of chameleon and have a working facetime.....efi string in boot.plist or ethernetbuiltin in chameleon will only let facetime work with 755

I hope Tonymacx86 read this post and contact the developers of Chimera to look at the 755 sources to see what changed and reapply it to the last build of Chimera.

Using the Chameleon 755 bootloader gives me some freezes related to the GTS 450 (the infamous Fermi Freeze). With Chimera, the system is more stable.

Cheers!

el_charlie said:
figgy said:

I hope Tonymacx86 read this post and contact the developers of Chimera to look at the 755 sources to see what changed and reapply it to the last build of Chimera.

Using the Chameleon 755 bootloader gives me some freezes related to the GTS 450 (the infamous Fermi Freeze). With Chimera, the system is more stable.

Cheers!

Over on insanely mac everyone is reporting that once you have got FaceTime activated with 755 you can then revert back to you preferred boot loader version. That is of course as long as you don't log out of face time or switch face to off. If you do you will need to revert back to 755 to bypass the error.

Many are also reporting success with a ethernet added to DSTD does anyone know of a good guide for doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back