GTX-660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Everytime I try to use Facetime I get this error:

The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later.

Does anyone have a fix?

I've read that some certificate is bad and needs to be deleted but I don't have that particular certificate.

Thanks,

Shelby

I would hold off on deleting things, this is a known issue with regular Macs as well so logged in the Apple support forums.

Im getting the same message. Cant use facetime for now...

Yep. It's a known problem and the normal solution of searching Keychain Access in Spotlight and deleting a specific object doesn't help. I have a feeling Apple will be fixing this one as it affects many many upgraders.

I'm sitting tight. I've notified friends and loved ones that they will have to reach me via antiquated tools such as the telephone, text message or smoke signal.

got this from Apple Support Community:

Quote:
Hello, friends.

In order to run FaceTime on Lion, solving the server registration issue, you must create a new password key in Keychain, with the following parameters:

Name: com.apple.facetime: registrationV1
Account: registrationV1
Where: com.apple.facetime

Then, restart your Mac.

copy838 said:
got this from Apple Support Community:

Quote:
Hello, friends.

In order to run FaceTime on Lion, solving the server registration issue, you must create a new password key in Keychain, with the following parameters:

Name: com.apple.facetime: registrationV1
Account: registrationV1
Where: com.apple.facetime

Then, restart your Mac.
Link?

Still no joy here either. I even tried a fresh install using a real mac, went all the way through set up connected as an external usb. Opened Mac appstore and FaceTime running the external on the Macbook pro and logged in to both no worries. Then I booted to the internal drive, completed my Hackintosh i.e. chameleon extra and dstd removed the hard drive installed into my hackintosh system booted up but still no joy with FaceTime.
Oh well I am sure they will fix this eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back