Contribute
Register

FaceTime camera kext for 4530S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. Then we will have to add this!

Is there a way to add all the device id's into one kext?

I add my device id at that kext, because non of the two posted before working at my machine,but is not working. Photobooth activates the camera's jed ( As all the apps does)but no video and FaceTime does not showing the window at all.
iMovie before injection said no camera is connected and now it see's the camera but no video, just a black screen. The strange is that if I change the capture's resolution to 640 x 480 is working!
Any thoughts?

blueking said:

You should be able to duplicate the contents of the kext and add different ids. OS X will pick the relevant one and ignore the rest.

I don't know how to add device id's to kexts but here's what mine shows.

Attachments

• ID-SS.tiff
    114 KB · Views: 665
My camera have the same id with yours.
Try the attached kext. I have add the id's already.
Try and post results. You should install it with kextbeast or similar app.

Attachments

• AnyiSightCam.kext.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 738
GFX34 said:
blueking said:

You should be able to duplicate the contents of the kext and add different ids. OS X will pick the relevant one and ignore the rest.

What do you mean by duplicating the contents?

What exactly would I duplicate?

nikstar said:
My camera have the same id with yours.
Try the attached kext. I have add the id's already.
Try and post results. You should install it with kextbeast or similar app.
I ran this with kextbeast AND kext utility both restarting each time. No results. Is it because this is for the 4530s and I have a 4430s?

my camera's vendor and device ID were already in the modded kext, so i installed with kext wizard and rebooted.

now, system profiler recognizes the camera as a FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in), and gives vendor and device ID for a facetime camera rather than the installed camera, which makes sense.

imovie now recognizes the built-in camera.

however, FaceTime, which previously worked properly, now opens but the face time screen never comes up. but, the small light to the left of the camera lens lights up, as if the camera is on, but the video isn't making it to the screen. if i go to facetime-->preferences, a panel opens up (black) but there is no text in the panel.

then for kicks i looked at the info.plist. i deleted the "fake isight device" section (the one that has the device name FaceTime camera built-in), leaving the two other sections, fake device A and fake device B. installed with kext wizard and rebooted, but now back to original situation--sys profiler reports HP camera, no imovie, but facetime works.

i'll remove the anycamera kext since i sometimes use facetime but never use imovie--i just wanted to experiment.

nikstar said:
I add my device id at that kext, because non of the two posted before working at my machine,but is not working. Photobooth activates the camera's jed ( As all the apps does)but no video and FaceTime does not showing the window at all.
iMovie before injection said no camera is connected and now it see's the camera but no video, just a black screen. The strange is that if I change the capture's resolution to 640 x 480 is working!
Any thoughts?
This is happening to me as we have the same camera and used the same kext. It now shows up as FaceTime hd camera but no picture unless i reduce the res and no picture at all in face time or photo booth. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back