3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I'm trying to facetime between two hacks, both of them are almost identical builds, the only difference between them are the processors;

I can connect both computers to my iPhone4 and facetime works.

But when I try to facetime with the computers, i.e, one computer to another computer, it goes to connecting, and then cuts out.

Both computers are connected to a router via Ethernet, both on the same network and both have internet access.

It has only started recently, I just re-installed Lion and have used the latest Chimera.

Any help would be appreciated

HW

Are both using the same Apple ID?

Hiya,

No, both using different AppleID's

HW

Hiya,

Just some more information.

I can't facetime with my friends in USA from my hack, I recently got HDMI sound working on my computer. I actually can't be sure if this has anything to do with it.

Could this be the problem? I'm now going to wait till ML comes out and I'll do a clean install using the DSDT (without HDMI edits) and see if that cures the issue.

I've never known a DSDT to cause Facetime issues, but you never know.

On another note, could I install the original DSDT over the one I have now without having to do a clean install, if this is the case then I might do that.

HW

hw007 said:
On another note, could I install the original DSDT over the one I have now without having to do a clean install, if this is the case then I might do that.

HW

Yes

Hiya,

OK so I did a clean install on my Hack late last night, and it all works now, don't know what the issue was, but as I said it works just fine.

HW

All is well
:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back