Core i7-3970X
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4Gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I got myself into a little pickle here. I recently changed my AppleID that was previously used on all my devices and tried to swap everything out on my Hackintosh. I had to get on the line with Apple Support because even my phone and iPad were giving me problems. But I got some of that sorted now. No devices show up on my old account, and everything shows up on my new one.

Whenever I boot up now, I get two pop-up messages asking for my iCloud password. iCloud gives me no issues when I check in System Preferences. But iMessage give the generic error that activation failed if I try to login.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue?

I am on 10.10.5 and Clover.

Thanks

Hi BreBo,

Thanks. I have been reading over the How to's for awhile now. I decided to jump over to the Idiot's Guide. haha

So I am in Clover Config and opened my current config file. I know me serial should be good and it doesn't show as being registered to anyone. But in the SMBIOS section I noticed a few oddities.

The following fields are empty:

- Firmware Features
- Chassis Asset Tag
- Chassis Type
- Board Serial Number
- Platform Feature

Also where there should be a picture it just has a large question mark.

I am hesitant to change my Serial Number and current SmUUID for fear that it will flag something with Apple since my system is currently listed as "Mac Pro" on iCloud and AppelID.

If I create a new SmUUID and Board Serial Number what will happen on Apple side? Will I suddenly have two Mac Pro with same Serial Number listed?

Thanks

I am hesitant to change my Serial Number and current SmUUID for fear that it will flag something with Apple since my system is currently listed as "Mac Pro" on iCloud and AppelID.

If I create a new SmUUID and Board Serial Number what will happen on Apple side? Will I suddenly have two Mac Pro with same Serial Number listed?

First remove the device from your account.
It's described in the iDiot's Guide To iMessage.

First remove the device from your account.
It's described in the iDiot's Guide To iMessage.

Hi BreBo,

So I got to the point where I was trying to sign out of iCloud on this machine and it gave me an error saying that "Your iCloud account couldn’t be removed at this time."

Any ideas?

So it basically took me all day to try and get this sorted out. I was not able to get my AppleID logged out on this box. It just refused to remove iCloud. So I had to remove that User entirely and create a new one. Took me a bit to back everything up. I then went into my account and removed that Mac Pro manually and then confirmed that this "Mac Pro" wasn't listed in iCloud or AppleID on any of my devices.

Next, I went through step by step the guide and followed to a T. New Serial, new board serial. Everything according to the guide using Clover Config.

Everything looked good so I hooked the box back up to the network, went to setup iCloud and iMessage and the first thing that happened was that Keychain just sat there and said waiting for approval even though I had sent approval to my phone and entered correctly. For some reason it still says waiting for approval.

Next I tried iMessage and got the dreaded Contact Customer Support with a Customer Code.

So am I totally hosed on this box now?

So it basically took me all day to try and get this sorted out. I was not able to get my AppleID logged out on this box. It just refused to remove iCloud. So I had to remove that User entirely and create a new one. Took me a bit to back everything up. I then went into my account and removed that Mac Pro manually and then confirmed that this "Mac Pro" wasn't listed in iCloud or AppleID on any of my devices.

Next, I went through step by step the guide and followed to a T. New Serial, new board serial. Everything according to the guide using Clover Config.

Everything looked good so I hooked the box back up to the network, went to setup iCloud and iMessage and the first thing that happened was that Keychain just sat there and said waiting for approval even though I had sent approval to my phone and entered correctly. For some reason it still says waiting for approval.

Next I tried iMessage and got the dreaded Contact Customer Support with a Customer Code.

So am I totally hosed on this box now?

Do you have 2 Step Verification enabled on you're account? I don't even think apple supports the Customer Code no longer. Ever since enabling 2 Step Verification i haven't even seen a seen a Customer code come up.

Do you have 2 Step Verification enabled on you're account? I don't even think apple supports the Customer Code no longer. Ever since enabling 2 Step Verification i haven't even seen a seen a Customer code come up.

Hi VoiletDragon. I just tried setting up two-step verification. And it still asking for me to contact support. Which now brings me back to square one from last week.

Hi VoiletDragon. I just tried setting up two-step verification. And it still asking for me to contact support. Which now brings me back to square one from last week.

Attach Config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back