Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, basically I need a graphics card that will do eyefinity on my hackintosh, it needs to be stable as it will be used in a production environment, I understand that I can achieve the same outcome with a triplehead2go. However I'd rather a graphics card than that. I require 3 screens plus a main monitor and a preview screen so must be capable of 5 monitors... Just tell me to stop being unrealistic if this isn't going to happen

Modern Nvidia graphics (Kepler & Maxwell generation) support up to 4 concurrent displays. You could feed the last one from iGPU, and you're fine.

There are some AMD graphics which support up to 6 displays ("AMD Eyefinity"). I've read some positive reports about some of them (I think HD 7870 & HD 7970 Eyefinity 6). You'll lose sleep/wake support with an AMD GPU though (have a look at the Radeon thread in this section), so I'd prefer to get a Nvidia card + iGPU (or a 2nd Nvidia).

I
Modern Nvidia graphics (Kepler & Maxwell generation) support up to 4 concurrent displays. You could feed the last one from iGPU, and you're fine.

There are some AMD graphics which support up to 6 displays ("AMD Eyefinity"). I've read some positive reports about some of them (I think HD 7870 & HD 7970 Eyefinity 6). You'll lose sleep/wake support with an AMD GPU though (have a look at the Radeon thread in this section), so I'd prefer to get a Nvidia card + iGPU (or a 2nd Nvidia).

Do those nvidia cards support the mosaic feature? I need to be able to create 1 big screen out of 3 screens with a resolution of 5760x1080.

I

Do those nvidia cards support the mosaic feature? I need to be able to create 1 big screen out of 3 screens with a resolution of 5760x1080.

I am pretty sure that in OS X you will essentially have one display that is the resolution of all of your monitors combined. You can then arrange the displays in System Preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back