Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
My hackintosh (running 14,2) has been extremely slow to startup lately, taking about 3 minutes to boot up, whereas it used to be about 30 seconds. Even loading up clover it takes maybe a minute to get to the main screen as it cycles through "checking hardware, etc..."

I haven't noticed slow performance once it starts up

and unfortunately I've been just dealing with this for a while, so I'm not sure exactly what caused the issue. I think it was a little while after I updated to High Sierra (10.13.5) from El Capitan.

What I've tried so far:
-Made sure I didn't convert to apfs, because I saw there were some issues with that.
-Recently changed my CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 (Dealing with an "Error Allocating 0x## at ### type 2"/**Random Seed**, and still am occasionally..)
-Updated my drivers
-Did some cleaning of the fans/etc (its been a while)

Wondering if I should:
-Update the BIOS (last update when I built, maybe 3 years ago)
-Update Clover (Currently running 4722)

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 1-12-19 EFI.jpg
    1-12-19 EFI.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 110
  • bootlog.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 87
My hackintosh (running 14,2) has been extremely slow to startup lately, taking about 3 minutes to boot up, whereas it used to be about 30 seconds. Even loading up clover it takes maybe a minute to get to the main screen as it cycles through "checking hardware, etc..."

I haven't noticed slow performance once it starts up

and unfortunately I've been just dealing with this for a while, so I'm not sure exactly what caused the issue. I think it was a little while after I updated to High Sierra (10.13.5) from El Capitan.

What I've tried so far:
-Made sure I didn't convert to apfs, because I saw there were some issues with that.
-Recently changed my CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 (Dealing with an "Error Allocating 0x## at ### type 2"/**Random Seed**, and still am occasionally..)
-Updated my drivers
-Did some cleaning of the fans/etc (its been a while)

Wondering if I should:
-Update the BIOS (last update when I built, maybe 3 years ago)
-Update Clover (Currently running 4722)

Thanks!!

Try placing the kexts in Clover/Kexts/Other folder instead of 10.13.

Have you replaced or updated FakeSMCkext lately?

Do you have Debug enabled in your config.plist ?
See Clover wiki - Debug.

I think my FakeSMCkext is the latest, says it was last modified Sept 15th. If I recall, I installed all the Sensors and HWMonitor.

Tried putting it in Other, no changes

I didn't have Debug enabled, but do now. Here is the file.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Tried putting it in Other, no changes
Not according to your bootlog.txt
Code:
2019:630  0:124  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
2019:751  0:120  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13
2019:872  0:120  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.2.6)
2020:000  0:127  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\FakeSMC.kext (v.1800)
2020:126  0:126  Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\Lilu.kext (v.1.3.0)

any additional thoughts?
Not sure what this but it takes an awful amount of time.
Code:
1974:825  1890:538  Boot option Boot0000 not found

If you use a SSD do you have Trim enabled?

Oops I guess not. It IS in the folder \other now, no changes to the boot up process.

Trim is not enabled.

Not sure what the Boot0000 is about, but that looks to be the culprit. I did somewhat recently upgrade my SSD, so perhaps the BIOS is still trying to look for that?

In fact that might make sense, as I tried wiping my old Primary SSD, so I could use it as an auxiliary drive, but it didn't let me delete ALL the files when booting from this computer. Ended up using it with another computer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 2.37.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 2.37.19 PM.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back