CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As the title states, I have a really slow write speed on my SSD. The read speed is OK (500 mb/s as it was advertised and as it was the first day I bought the SSD and tested on Windows).

FileSystem APFS (I am not sure if I had this problem before on HFS).

Trim enabled, trim patch in the config.plist applied. trimforce enable done. Not sure what could be the problem. Another SSD on the same controller is fine.

Attachments

• Schermata 2018-02-17 alle 11.58.36.png
    Schermata 2018-02-17 alle 11.58.36.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 210
Trim enabled, trim patch in the config.plist applied. trimforce enable done.
You don't need to enable it twice in two different ways, in fact some SSDs don't need any additional help at all as the built in routines are all that is required.

You don't need to enable it twice in two different ways, in fact some SSDs don't need any additional help at all as the built in routines are all that is required.

I tried all the combinations.
1. Only via clover
2. Only via trimforce
3. both of them at the same time

The results are bad in all the ways, enabled or disabled.

Hi there, I recently sorted this problem with my ssd by manually entering in my ram's timings & voltage manufacturing specs in the bios.

TRIM does not need to be enabled when using APFS, APFS has it own TRIM mechanic. If you have enabled TRIM manually, to fix it you have to completely wipe the system and start from scratch because enabling TRIM manually sends instructions to the SSD controller thats built in the drive itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back