Contribute
Register

Extremely slow 6-7 minute boot time with Monterey 12.0.1

What are you using to clone? Carbon Copy doesn't seem to work for me in Monterey.

Got an error with apfs in CCC
Made a fresh install and gonna try clone user+application+library , and see if that works

UPDATE: A fresh install of Monterey and then just fully clone folders (see attached photo), works flawless
Can highly recommend, because you get the best of both worlds

Btw, huge difference between broken trim samsung 970 evo and intel 650p btw.

from Oc picker with trim enabled:

970 evo: 1.29
650p: 0.36

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 08.38.21.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 08.38.21.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
FIXED: Switched from Samsung 970 Pro to Western Digital BLACK SN750 1TB ::
WDS100T3X0C-00SJG0

Went from 4.5m boot to 10s.

Things I Tried:
Update Samsung Firmware.

Last edited:
FIXED: Switched from Samsung 970 Pro to Western Digital BLACK SN750 1TB ::
WDS100T3X0C-00SJG0

Went from 4.5m boot to 10s.

Things I Tried:
Update Samsung Firmware.

10 SECONDS?? from picker to login screen? With trim enabled?

10 SECONDS?? from picker to login screen? With trim enabled?
I would assume Trim is enabled, not sure how to check, I do kinda remember a step in the build guide to set it, but not sure since switching to OC. But yeah 10s from picker to desktop. Sad thing is that trying to make the Evo my new backup drive failed. I can barely get disk utility to format the disk now 50% of the time, and the imaging takes like 10m to do 64mb. So I’m pretty sure Monterey doesnt like samsung, eventhough it did seem completely stable after it booted, and I was able to take full disk images of it at full speed it absolutely refuses to write to it over usb.

I would assume Trim is enabled, not sure how to check, I do kinda remember a step in the build guide to set it, but not sure since switching to OC. But yeah 10s from picker to desktop. Sad thing is that trying to make the Evo my new backup drive failed. I can barely get disk utility to format the disk now 50% of the time, and the imaging takes like 10m to do 64mb. So I’m pretty sure Monterey doesnt like samsung, eventhough it did seem completely stable after it booted, and I was able to take full disk images of it at full speed it absolutely refuses to write to it over usb.

I ordered one now to compare to my intel 665p that is around 30 sec

10 feels like a dream

I ordered one now to compare to my intel 665p that is around 30 sec

10 feels like a dream
Okay your post made me feel a lil bad, because I always just guestimated the time, so I actually put a stop watch on it, and it’s actually 13.3s from picker to desktop.

Okay your post made me feel a lil bad, because I always just guestimated the time, so I actually put a stop watch on it, and it’s actually 13.3s from picker to desktop.

That’s still very good :)

Think I'm going to buy one too. You should write to WD and see if you can get a commission :lol:

How much space of your SSD is used now?

Back