Contribute
Register

Extremely sensitive trackpad button (4530s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z87-Pro V edition
CPU
4770K @ 4.7Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The left mouse button on my HP Probook 4530s recently stopped working properly. It has become extremely sensitive, and the mere weight of a pencil is enough to trigger a click. The button can still be 'clicked', but it has already registered by that point. This is really annoying because it makes using the trackpad almost impossible because of the frequent unintentional clicks/drags.

My laptop is out of the warranty, so I was wondering if there was any way to replace this part, or if anyone knew of a fix.

The left mouse button on my HP Probook 4530s recently stopped working properly. It has become extremely sensitive, and the mere weight of a pencil is enough to trigger a click. The button can still be 'clicked', but it has already registered by that point. This is really annoying because it makes using the trackpad almost impossible because of the frequent unintentional clicks/drags.

My laptop is out of the warranty, so I was wondering if there was any way to replace this part, or if anyone knew of a fix.

Take the laptop apart and attempt to fix. You can get a service manual from the HP website. Maybe there is just some debris caught in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back