Contribute
Register

Extremely long delays with a few things, where have I gone wrong?

Motherboard
GA B150M D3H DDR4
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
I have the same problem here! My hardware is good, but everything it's slowly. After in El Capitan everything was fine, I even wondered that it was pretty fast even multitasking. So the problem is something in Sierra bios, conifg.plist e etc...

My specs:

Gigabyte B150M D3H
i5 6500
GTX 970
16gb 2133Mhz DDR4 Hyrperx
SSD SANDISK 120GB

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3
CPU
i5 6600
Graphics
Geforce GTX 970
I have the same problem here! My hardware is good, but everything it's slowly. After in El Capitan everything was fine, I even wondered that it was pretty fast even multitasking. So the problem is something in Sierra bios, conifg.plist e etc...

My specs:

Gigabyte B150M D3H
i5 6500
GTX 970
16gb 2133Mhz DDR4 Hyrperx
SSD SANDISK 120GB

I'm still experiencing issues too, I tried switching USB ports etc. as Quickfire suggested but unfortunately unlike them I had no luck. I also tried swapping keyboards/mice but that also didn't appear to help me :/

I would love to know if anyone else has had a similar issue and resolved it another way that may help us.

Motherboard
GA B150M D3H DDR4
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
I'm still experiencing issues too, I tried switching USB ports etc. as Quickfire suggested but unfortunately unlike them I had no luck. I also tried swapping keyboards/mice but that also didn't appear to help me :/

I would love to know if anyone else has had a similar issue and resolved it another way that may help us.

I just do not know what to try. As far as I know several people are having this problem, even original Mac users.

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i6700K
Graphics
GTX 980Ti
The other symptom I noticed when things were all screwed up was if I opened the Console app up there was continuous logging about AppleUSB this or that (I'm not at the machine now to check past logs). I did do 2 other things before everything started working.

One was to find DSDT patch for my particular board and install that (I found it here somewhere). That patch did knock out a couple of USB ports at the back but perhaps that made things work. I also plugged in a GMYLE Broadcom BCM20702 based bluetooth dongle which arrived in the post that day. I had pretty much given up and then was surprised to find the problem had gone away when I next booted into MacOs. The trouble is that I was changing so much stuff I'm not really sure which thing it was that fixed things.