MSI GTX 760 TF OC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I am using the UP2414Q on my Hackintosh 10.10.2, Nvidia drivers latest revision, DP connection, MacMini6,2 in Chameleon.plist.
I wasn't able to get 60Hz but I think it depends on 10.10.2.

The computer is extremely unstable, freezing very often, also less than one minute after boot.
I reinstalled MultiBeast 7.2, including FakeSMC, and I hope it will improve, I also switched back to MacPro3,1, since 60Hz don't work (the screen stays black on DP1.2).

Has anyone experienced similar issues?
Has anyone idea how to solve?

I point out that in the past months, even if I have 32GB memory and some users were having issues with more than 16GB, my hackintosh was perfectly fine, with less than one freeze a week.

I switched definitely to MacMini6,2, I switched back to Apple graphic drivers, I also remade SSDT with the latest script.
Freeze are gone, until now at least.

NVidia drivers (on 10.10.2) were the culprit.

On 10.10.3 I will try them again, I still hope to get 60Hz.

Thanks for the update

On 10.10.3 I will try them again, I still hope to get 60Hz.

Any particular reason you need 10.10.2 to sacrifice 4k@60Hz?
Stay on 10.10.1 with 343.01.02@f03 nVidia web driver and have proper 60Hz on your sysdef - a way better experience

I won't sacrifice updates and security updates for 60Hz, when the difference is almost non-existent: for office use 30 Hz are perfectly fine and you don't even notice them, unless you look for them. You notice them more if you play videos, the 24fps is jumpy when played at 30Hz, and almost not jumpy at all at 60Hz.

When I reboot under Win 8.1 I switch to MST to have 60Hz for the games, that can benefit much more from the additional 30Hz (I play Assetto Corsa at 4K and I get 45-55 fps with my GTX 760).

Of course I will try the 60Hz again with 10.10.3.

Any particular reason you need 10.10.2 to sacrifice 4k@60Hz?
Stay on 10.10.1 with 343.01.02@f03 nVidia web driver and have proper 60Hz on your sysdef - a way better experience

Hi! I'm my case, I tried to get back to 10.10.1 to have 4k@60hz again but I couldn't do it since Apple only let you download 10.10.2, any advice on that?

There is no way to go back except reinstalling from scratch.

But really, do you care so much about 60Hz?
I personally found NO issues at all for office use, only games and (to a lesser degree) films/videos would make use of them.

I also don't like to have something and not to use it to full potential, but in this case there is really no reason to spend time in trying to get them.

No to mention that the latest updates have bugfixes and security updates, WAY more important than the 60 Hz, unless your computer is disconnected from Internet.

Hello,
I am using the UP2414Q on my Hackintosh 10.10.2, Nvidia drivers latest revision, DP connection, MacMini6,2 in Chameleon.plist.
I wasn't able to get 60Hz but I think it depends on 10.10.2.

The computer is extremely unstable, freezing very often, also less than one minute after boot.
I reinstalled MultiBeast 7.2, including FakeSMC, and I hope it will improve, I also switched back to MacPro3,1, since 60Hz don't work (the screen stays black on DP1.2).

Has anyone experienced similar issues?
Has anyone idea how to solve?

I point out that in the past months, even if I have 32GB memory and some users were having issues with more than 16GB, my hackintosh was perfectly fine, with less than one freeze a week.

freezing very often, i would guess it is network issue rather than GPU issue

With my other monitor I get no freeze at all.

And now that I switched back to Apple graphic drivers I also get no freeze at all (at all = once a week, as usual, not one every 5 minutes like with Nvidia Web drivers + UP2414Q).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back