Contribute
Register

Extracting DVMT variable offset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Looking at 'setup_var2 0xDF' output, it shows that its value is 0x01 which appears to be correct.
Also, 'setup_var2 0xE0' shows a value of 0x02' which also appears to be correct.

Good to know...

eg: If setup_var seems to show wrong data, use setup_var2 instead.

Good to know...

eg: If setup_var seems to show wrong data, use setup_var2 instead.
I used setup_var2 to set the variables, however nothing seems to have changed and I no longer can get the correct current values of these offsets. Any ideas?

I used setup_var2 to set the variables, however nothing seems to have changed and I no longer can get the correct current values of these offsets. Any ideas?

No ideas. (no details provided).

Attachments

• 44D802B4-19FB-4466-8697-10C646513E32.jpeg
    44D802B4-19FB-4466-8697-10C646513E32.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 145
  • FD5B59D0-149C-4AC1-9D0D-C0E1EDB07DD0.jpeg
    FD5B59D0-149C-4AC1-9D0D-C0E1EDB07DD0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
But it worked previously?
It did work at first when I wanted to get the value for the variable. However after I set it, it doesn't seem like it was changed and I can no longer get the current value.

It did work at first when I wanted to get the value for the variable. However after I set it, it doesn't seem like it was changed and I can no longer get the current value.

Sounds like something got corrupted with the change.

Sounds like something got corrupted with the change.
Seems like my only choice is to use Lilu+WhateverGreen for now. However I don’t like the amount of work WhateverGreen tries to accomplish. I believe that graphics kexts should have remained separate.

hi the-braveknight I extracted your IFR file from your bois.bin using IFR extractor and phoenix tool your IFR DVMT Pre-allocated and mine are same value
when I using EFI Shell setup_var 0xdf 0x2 message appear obtained successfully setting offset setup_var 0xdf 0x2 then I fresh installing macOS with minstolensize patch but didn't work nothing changed dvmt kernel panic issue
how to confirm my dvmt changed to 64mb because my machine is support windows 10 not windows 7 dvmt confirming on windows 7 is easy
I think that because of old EFI Shell didn't work or write protected bois
I uploaded your extracted file which I downloaded above post. if you don't trust me then see your bois version into IFR file

please reply me and find shell error solution
sorry my bad English because my language is afghani from afghanistan

Attachments

• yourBIOS-4KCN43WW.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back