Register

External USB Speaker keeps rebooting after MacOS shutdown

Motherboard
S210H (NUC alike)
CPU
i7-9850H
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Hi, I made MacOS Big Sur manually by following opencore documentation. I generated .aml files by using SSDTTime.py.

This is a NUC alike device. It does not have speaker built-in. Thus I am using an external USB speaker.

After I shutdown the MacOS, everything seems fine except my USB Speaker keeps rebooting (powering on and off forever). (Power LED is off state. SSD seems shutting down properly verified by `smartctl -a`)
I tried to google this problem, but I don't find anything online. It seems nobody has this problem before.

Now, I am checking this document: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/misc/shutdown.html
Even if the issue is not the same, I think I may try that fix. Both cases are related to shutdown and USB.

If you think I shouldn't try that fix, you can ignore my following words.

After reading that doc, I am very confused what to do.
That doc mentions four things: "FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.dsl", "_PTS to ZPTS Patch (FixShutdown-Patch.plist)", "USB Controller's ACPI Path", and "MaciASL.app".

What I understood (might not be correct):
(1) open the file "FixShutdown-Patch.plist" with ProperTree app. And then copy and replace all the fields to my config.plist > ACPI > Patch > 0
(2) open "FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.dsl" in "MaciASL.app" app, and then replace "_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.PMEE" and "\_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE" to proper "USB Controller's ACPI Path" and then save as .aml file
(3) put the .aml file to "EFI/OC/ACPI". And add the entry config.plist > ACPI > Add >

Even If my above guess is correct, I have no ideas how to find "USB Controller's ACPI Path". If my above guess is not correct, I wil have no clue then.

Can anyone give me some ideas how to fix my issue OR how to follow shutdown.html doc properly?

Thank you very much.

Update1:

My BIOS has the following setup and I am not sure if they are related:

State After G3 -- S5 State (It only has two options. S0 and S5)
RTC Wake system from S5 -- Disabled
DeepSx Power Policies -- Disabled
WAN Radio -- Enabled
BT Control -- Enabled
HD Audio -- Enabled

Update2:

Maybe it's useful to attach my DSDT.aml.
I am a newbie and not sure what my DSDT.aml really is.

I created opencore EFI by using Linux system. and I got one DSDT.aml when I use `SSDTTime.py` to generate ACPI aml files. I am not sure if this DSDT.aml is the one. I actually didn't use this file at all.

I can also see a auto generated "System DSDT" opened when I open "MaciASL.app" app. I am not sure if this is the one. But it can not be saved as. It reports many errors.

Thus, I am attaching the one created by `SSDTTime.py` in the linux system for now since nobody replied me yet.
Hopefull, this can help others to understand my problem easier.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    250.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: