Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I seem to be having a very strange issue that doesn't exist in any other place than on Catalina. I use a Yeti Pro connected by USB for quick meetings and chats. All audio input and output channeled through the Yeti cuts in and out constantly. I've tried using different frequencies in AudioMidiSetup, connecting it to different USB ports, reconfiguring and mapping my USB ports via Hackintool.... All kexts are up to date and virtually everything else seems to be fully functioning. The device works flawlessly in WIN10 on this same machine (dual booting, different SSD), and also on my Laptop with El Capitan. I'm a bit lost as to what it could be.

Thoughts? Ideas?

System Build:
Intel i7 8700k | Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | ASUS 8Gb RX580

\Kexts\Other
AirportBrcmFixup
AppleALC
BrcmPatchRAM3
HibernationFixup
IntelMausi
Lilu
RealtekRTL8111
SMCProcessor
USBPorts
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen

Clover Config.plist
\ACPI\
HDAS to HDEF
HECI to IMEI
GFX0 to IGPU
\Boot\
dart=0
nv_disable=1
XMBDetection=Yes - 1
NeverHibernate on
NeverDoRecovery on
\Devices\
AddClockID on
FixOwnership on
Audio Inject 1
ResetHDA on
\Kernel and Kext Patches\
KernalPM on
AppleRTC on
AppleIntelCPUPM on
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 78
I seem to be having a very strange issue that doesn't exist in any other place than on Catalina. I use a Yeti Pro connected by USB for quick meetings and chats. All audio input and output channeled through the Yeti cuts in and out constantly. I've tried using different frequencies in AudioMidiSetup, connecting it to different USB ports, reconfiguring and mapping my USB ports via Hackintool.... All kexts are up to date and virtually everything else seems to be fully functioning. The device works flawlessly in WIN10 on this same machine (dual booting, different SSD), and also on my Laptop with El Capitan. I'm a bit lost as to what it could be.

Thoughts? Ideas?

System Build:
Intel i7 8700k | Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | ASUS 8Gb RX580

\Kexts\Other
AirportBrcmFixup
AppleALC
BrcmPatchRAM3
HibernationFixup
IntelMausi
Lilu
RealtekRTL8111
SMCProcessor
USBPorts
VirtualSMC
WhateverGreen

Clover Config.plist
\ACPI\
HDAS to HDEF
HECI to IMEI
GFX0 to IGPU
\Boot\
dart=0
nv_disable=1
XMBDetection=Yes - 1
NeverHibernate on
NeverDoRecovery on
\Devices\
AddClockID on
FixOwnership on
Audio Inject 1
ResetHDA on
\Kernel and Kext Patches\
KernalPM on
AppleRTC on
AppleIntelCPUPM on
com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
have you disabled your port limit patches in your config.plist? would have been easier to upload your zipped clover folder for someone to take a look

Yeah, I did disable them. I can also just upload the zipped clover folder if that is indeed easier. Wasn't sure if someone just had a quick "oh its a dumb thing, here's how to fix it" kind of answer. I'll post the zipped folder.

This is with the USB ports reset back to InjectAll as I was trying some different ideas. The USBPorts kext is currently in the backup folder within Kext. When I was using the USBPorts kext, I did disable the patches in the config.plist.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 92
Yeah, I did disable them. I can also just upload the zipped clover folder if that is indeed easier. Wasn't sure if someone just had a quick "oh its a dumb thing, here's how to fix it" kind of answer. I'll post the zipped folder.

This is with the USB ports reset back to InjectAll as I was trying some different ideas. The USBPorts kext is currently in the backup folder within Kext. When I was using the USBPorts kext, I did disable the patches in the config.plist.
you are still using the port limit patches....

Currently yes, because I reset them back to what they were before creating the USBPorts kext. When I had the USBPorts Kext as the active kext, I was disabling the port limit patches and the device still wasn't working. Here's what it looks like when I am using the updated USB config and kext.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 17.51.57.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 17.51.57.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 17.51.35.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 17.51.35.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 52
Currently yes, because I reset them back to what they were before creating the USBPorts kext. When I had the USBPorts Kext as the active kext, I was disabling the port limit patches and the device still wasn't working. Here's what it looks like when I am using the updated USB config and kext.
you seem to have set all your ports to 255 (internal)?

Did you make sure Serial port is disabled in the bios. It messes with USB audio for a lot of people.

Is this what you mean? I reassigned them again in Hackintool, exported the Kext once again, and still the same issue.
I checked my BIOS and there doesn't seem to be any option to disable the Serial port. The board doesn't actually have one so perhaps that's why?

Here's one very weird thing. I plugged my monitor's USB hub into the 3.1 port (which is controlled by the ASMedia bus, not the XHC one), plugged the mic into the monitor's hub, and it works perfectly. I plug the mic into the 3.1 port (the same ASMedia one) directly, and it's the same old story. Could it be an issue with current or how much voltage is being provided to the port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back