NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 4G GDDR5 VRAM
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I just installed Hackintosh with clover and my biggest problem is the fact that i cant get my monitor to work with it, my laptop is the Asus ROG G501JW, do you have any suggestions on what i could do?

Hello,

I just installed Hackintosh with clover and my biggest problem is the fact that i cant get my monitor to work with it, my laptop is the Asus ROG G501JW, do you have any suggestions on what i could do?

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Here are the files requested, please note that I would prefer th e DP port to work, however if thats not possible the HDMi would do

Attachments

• Terminal 2.zip
    975 bytes · Views: 99
  • Terminal 1.zip
    966 bytes · Views: 104
  • ioreg.zip
    687.1 KB · Views: 103
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
Your ioreg shows QE/CI not implemented.
Attach output of 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

Also, your config.plist is corrupt.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
Okay there was some very pleasant success and my ram also increased to 16gb, the monitor works via DP now.
However the laptop is stuck in the booting screen with the bottom part looking like damaged - not a big problem though.
My main problem now is the graphics acceleration and the fact that the monitor didn't actually work on the clover but on hackintosh once I booted.
Btw where do I get the linux terminal?

Thanks for the help

EDIT: Turns out the DP works in 1 out of 2 reboots, I rebooted my laptop 6 times and the DP worked only 3

Last edited:
Okay there was some very pleasant success and my ram also increased to 16gb, the monitor works via DP now.
However the laptop is stuck in the booting screen with the bottom part looking like damaged - not a big problem though.
My main problem now is the graphics acceleration and the fact that the monitor didn't actually work on the clover but on hackintosh once I booted.
Btw where do I get the linux terminal?

Thanks for the help

EDIT: Turns out the DP works in 1 out of 2 reboots, I rebooted my laptop 6 times and the DP worked only 3

If you expect help with problems, read post #3.

Attachments

• Terminal 1.zip
    964 bytes · Views: 94
  • Terminal 2.zip
    977 bytes · Views: 85
  • CLOVER 3.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
  • Alex’s iMac.zip
    687.1 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back