Contribute
Register

External Monitor not detected on Sierra 10.12.6 - Intel HD 3000 Graphics on ThinkPad t430S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I have attached the new dump file. Please find attached.

Following steps were taken after my last reply:
1. I looked a youtube video and learned that the device id (0x01668086) and ig-platoform_hd (0x01660004)
needed to be set up for hd4000. I did that, and it seems, if I wait for few minutes (2-3 minutes) on Clover boot screen, then the 1536 MB graphics card loaded. If I hit the boot screen as soon as shows, then it does NOT. Very strange. I guess it takes time to load. I kept ig-platoform_hd to hd4000
Attached Dump is with this setting.

2. Then I read the article in your site and tried with the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri, after the sudo command to change the port. I used the kext installed and restarted the computer. First time it detected the external monitor with the DVportto VGA adapter. I have an adapter (DV port in my pc then gives VGA to connect with my tv, the external monitor).
In my thinkpad t430s, don't have the HDMI port. But then the graphics did not load properly. it loaded only 1000 mb and screens flickered a lot. hence, I removed the kext and restarted. But now the external monitor is not detected. So I guess, this is something related to the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/probook-intel-hd-4000-script-for-external-display.112510/

Thank you!!

You're not using a config.plist from the guide.
Please read the guide (linked previously), "Choosing a config.plist".

I did replace the config from the list config_HD4000_1600x900.plist and changed the ig-platform-hd to 0x01660004 ( HD4000 1600x900). After restart got the clover boot manager with various options, shell, but could not boot at all. Basically not able to boot.

I was able to rollback the changes and boot again with the old plist. I have attached both my working version (not no external monitor and only 1024 mb graphics), and downloaded from the Github as per your guide. Can you please let me know what changes I need to make in the Github version and try.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 132
  • hd4000 1600 -900config.plist
    10.8 KB · Views: 170
I did replace the config from the list config_HD4000_1600x900.plist and changed the ig-platform-hd to 0x01660004 ( HD4000 1600x900). After restart got the clover boot manager with various options, shell, but could not boot at all. Basically not able to boot.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Please see the next reply from me. I have attached pliant files. I don’t know how can have a dump from dump-gen without able to boot (using the hd4000 1260x900)

Please see the next reply from me. I have attached pliant files. I don’t know how can have a dump from dump-gen without able to boot (using the hd4000 1260x900)

The FAQ is quite clear on the files required when you cannot boot.
Also, refer to the guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back