Graphics
RX 6650 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've installed HS 10.13.6 and most things are working fine. However, my system is not recognizing any external HDDs that are plugged in via USB. I have two such drives and neither is recognized in Disk Utility or System Information. I've tried plugging them into all USB ports available. I've also verified that the ports work with other devices. Lastly, I've verified that the HDDs are recognized by my MBP and PC.

I've not attempted to make a custom SSDT yet, as I am wondering if there is a different approach I need to take first. I should also note that in previous hackintosh builds, I have used these same HDDs without problems, so I am not certain what the issue(s) could be.

Please see attached debug files

Attachments

• debug_9535.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
I've installed HS 10.13.6 and most things are working fine. However, my system is not recognizing any external HDDs that are plugged in via USB.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.6 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.6 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

Thanks for the input. I followed your suggestion and it now appears as though my drives are recognized. However, a few new problems have arisen and I'm not sure if it is related:

1. My USB 2.0 ports don't work.
2. WiFi and Bluetooth hardware are no longer recognized.

Again, I'm not sure how/if these are related, but I do believe that my BT hardware was working prior to this fix. Perhaps I should move over to the WiFi/BT thread?

debug is attached. Thank you

Attachments

• debug_4670.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 48
Thanks for the input. I followed your suggestion and it now appears as though my drives are recognized. However, a few new problems have arisen and I'm not sure if it is related:

1. My USB 2.0 ports don't work.
2. WiFi and Bluetooth hardware are no longer recognized.

Again, I'm not sure how/if these are related, but I do believe that my BT hardware was working prior to this fix. Perhaps I should move over to the WiFi/BT thread?

debug is attached. Thank you

See USB guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back