Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have a 2TB WD My Passport USB3 drive, and it has 3 partitions: a Time machine one, Windows archive, and Mac OS X Archive.

Recently, the TM and OS X Archive partitions haven't been mounting when I plug it into my Hack, and I ran some commands in terminal (since Disk Utility doesn't want to load for some reason when I have it plugged in :think:):

diskutil verifyVolume [Mac OS X Archive]
diskutil repairVolume [Mac OSX Archive]

Both times, it spits this out:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Started file system repair on disk3s3 Mac OSX Archive #1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Repairing file system[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]File system check exit code is 8[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Updating boot support partitions for the volume as required[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Error: -69845: File system verify or repair failed[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Underlying error: 8: POSIX reports: Exec format error[/FONT]

Just in case, I've taken the valuable hackintosh-related data off of the drive via Windows and HFS+ drivers from BootCamp using robocopy (as all of my original hack info and dumps are on the archive)...

Do any of you guys have any idea how to fix / what that error means?

Thanks!

-Duncan

I got similar errors as yours. Disk Utility breaks two of my hard disks and I have no clue how to extract my data. There must be something wrong with the new disk utility in El Capitan.

I got similar errors as yours. Disk Utility breaks two of my hard disks and I have no clue how to extract my data. There must be something wrong with the new disk utility in El Capitan.

Yea...after plugging my HDD in for like 20 minutes a message pops up saying "OS X Can't repair Mac OS X Archive #1 and Mac OS X Time machine" and then they're mounted there, and I'm taking all of the data off right now so that I can just wipe the drive... :lol:

Yea...after plugging my HDD in for like 20 minutes a message pops up saying "OS X Can't repair Mac OS X Archive #1 and Mac OS X Time machine" and then they're mounted there, and I'm taking all of the data off right now so that I can just wipe the drive... :lol:

How do you take the data out? Does Terminal in recovery mode work for you or you need any HFS reader on Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back