Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hello everyone. I have a Wd My Book Duo WDBLWE0120JCH-NESN, it works in usb 2.0 but it is not recognized by usb 3.0. the strange thing is that it shows it to me in the system preferences. If I connect another rigid disk in the usb 3.0 port if I recognize it. It only happens to me with this and the sabrent docking ec-hd2b. someone who can help me. Thank you. Greetings from Patagonia.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 16.50.37.png

osx Catalina
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
sandy bridge i7 2600
GPU Radeon RX 5700 XT

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 16.49.56.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 16.49.56.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 40
Hello everyone. I have a Wd My Book Duo WDBLWE0120JCH-NESN, it works in usb 2.0 but it is not recognized by usb 3.0. the strange thing is that it shows it to me in the system preferences. If I connect another rigid disk in the usb 3.0 port if I recognize it. It only happens to me with this and the sabrent docking ec-hd2b. someone who can help me. Thank you. Greetings from Patagonia.

View attachment 498546

osx Catalina
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
sandy bridge i7 2600
GPU Radeon RX 5700 XT

Hello there.

I think the problem lies with the USB 3 sub-system. Back in the Z68 days the Intel chipset only had USB 2.0 so to get USB 3.0 manufacturers added a third-party chip - in your screengrab this is an ASMedia 107* although Gigabyte shows they provided 2x Etron EJ168 so that's a little confusing.

Anyway, have you configured your USB ports at all? I suspect the USB 3.0 ports will work but not be reliable as Catalina is unable to configure them itself. You can try GenericUSBXHCI.kext but it is over 5-years old now and doesn't play well with Catalina, but might, if you are lucky.

:)

Hello there.

I think the problem lies with the USB 3 sub-system. Back in the Z68 days the Intel chipset only had USB 2.0 so to get USB 3.0 manufacturers added a third-party chip - in your screengrab this is an ASMedia 107* although Gigabyte shows they provided 2x Etron EJ168 so that's a little confusing.

Anyway, have you configured your USB ports at all? I suspect the USB 3.0 ports will work but not be reliable as Catalina is unable to configure them itself. You can try GenericUSBXHCI.kext but it is over 5-years old now and doesn't play well with Catalina, but might, if you are lucky.

:)

thanks UtterDisbelief. I have not configured the ports. you know any guide to do it. I have Catalina urged with Clover. thanks

thanks UtterDisbelief. I have not configured the ports. you know any guide to do it. I have Catalina urged with Clover. thanks
usb setup guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back