Contribute
Register

External 4k 60hz support - Needing a Laptop

Do you use external 4k 60hz with your hackintosh laptop?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
CPU
Intel i5-2500
Graphics
Nvidia GTS 250
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone! I've been a member of the forums for a long time now, and I'm getting ready for a new laptop upgrade. I've been searching around for this, but I cant seem to find much that guarantees what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have a laptop that they can recommend that meets this mandatory criteria?

• Runs macOS 10.12 or 10.13 minimum.
  • Supports 4k 60hz to external monitor (preferably straight HDMI, but using adapter is fine)
  • Allows for opening and upgrading hardware (ram, etc).
  • Under $1000 (hopefully, but will pay around that if its a great manf.)
Most posts that mention 4k support never specify if it is 60hz, which in my experience means it only supports 30hz, and for my monitor is completely unacceptable. 60hz or bust!

Please advise if you know of any laptops!

maxresdefault.jpg

Hi everyone! I've been a member of the forums for a long time now, and I'm getting ready for a new laptop upgrade. I've been searching around for this, but I cant seem to find much that guarantees what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have a laptop that they can recommend that meets this mandatory criteria?

• Runs macOS 10.12 or 10.13 minimum.
  • Supports 4k 60hz to external monitor (preferably straight HDMI, but using adapter is fine)
  • Allows for opening and upgrading hardware (ram, etc).
  • Under $1000 (hopefully, but will pay around that if its a great manf.)
Most posts that mention 4k support never specify if it is 60hz, which in my experience means it only supports 30hz, and for my monitor is completely unacceptable. 60hz or bust!

Please advise if you know of any laptops!

maxresdefault.jpg
you may need to look into gaming laptops with dedicated nvidia or amd graphics (ie no intel graphics)

Agreed Feartech.

I am hoping to hear from someone who is currently using a specific make/model of a laptop that I can buy and get working with minimal time. In the past I've loved building many hackintoshes, but these days I have far less free time than I used to invest. I just need to know at least that 4k 60hz is possible with a laptop, and then I can do my research from there.

Agreed Feartech.

I am hoping to hear from someone who is currently using a specific make/model of a laptop that I can buy and get working with minimal time. In the past I've loved building many hackintoshes, but these days I have far less free time than I used to invest. I just need to know at least that 4k 60hz is possible with a laptop, and then I can do my research from there.

have you got this kind of laptop?

you may need to look into gaming laptops with dedicated nvidia or amd graphics (ie no intel graphics)
My no Intel graphics. That's all that I have on my Hackintosh that is basically a MacMini on steroids running at 4GHz. I never put a graphics card in this computer & ran it all of the time on one of my Ultra HD displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back