Contribute
Register

Extensions in EXTRA and System....kexts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never had that one I looked but never find it.

it didnt work just changed my resolution and the number didnt change :(

I backed up the file dough. here is my plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I made mine just like tonymac(identical) and it change my resolutions. The number didnt change in my disk utility.

You didn't read the guide at all, did you?
It had nothing to do with that, it was about adding the SystemID string which you'll need if you don't use the PlatformUUID.kext
The UUID is unique to your system, so please go read the guide again and follow it from step 4.

The graphics card settings are changed in the DSDT, not the com.apple.boot.plist. You need to locate the unique details for your card using this guide http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... phics.html for that

I read the manual, but couldn´t manage to do it right.

After I edited the dsdt, it paused for 5 seconds in the boot and changed things:

1. I had to press enter in boot to keep going
2. I had to wait 5 seconds
3. the login picture changed

I gues I stop before screwing up a again :)

Well, the first half had nothing to do with the DSDT.

Besides, if you read carefully and download the example file, it should be quite easy. It took me all of five minutes.

Ok are you using the new IBOOT method with multibeast by the way?

Thanks for your help. It doesnt take 5 minutes for someone who never tried it before ;-)

Well, I have only edited a couple of DSDT's, but there's a search function, there's a template and it's pretty much a matter of copy/paste change a couple of lines and you're done.

IBOOT? I used the really old boot CD as the new ones played up for me, but that's not important. Yes, I used the Multibeast the last time around for the kexts and DSDT, but I've replaced much of that by now and Tonymac kindly made a new DSDT for my board based on the F7 BIOS. But the plain DSDT's don't have the right graphics information in them, although in your case it might have the details for a 9400GT rather than an 8400GS as you'll need.

The Platform UUID fix with SystemID is pretty much not necessary at this point, as the bootloader injects a UUID for you. With RC4/RC5, unless you wish to inject your SystemID all of the time, you won't run into previous issues surrounding UUID. That's why I didn't include them in MultiBeast's EasyBeast. The EasyBeast installs AsereBLN's RC4. This is what I use:

<key>SystemID</key>
<string>D07309DC-AA6C-3475-A34F-14786B7DBBD1</string>

It's so hard to keep things current...

As far as graphics go, you're probably going to be fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or NVenabler in most cases. If GraphicsEnabler doesn't work for the 8400, try adding this to your plist: (AsereBLN RC4 only)

<key>PCIrootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

This will let your card get GraphicsEnabler support under Chameleon with no other graphics fixes. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back