Contribute
Register

Exploring Alternate Bootloaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Exploring Alternate Bootloaders

Problem solved. You gave me the answer without mentioning it specifically. The key is the "System Reserved" partition that Windows 8 apparently installs. In the past on my other systems I always had the option of choosing the Win 7 installed partition on the hard drive from the Chimera boot screen and it would boot to Win 7 on all these other systems that did not have Win 8. On this system it installs that partition with Win 8 and the answer to get it to boot was to choose the System Reserved partition from the Chimera screen to get into Win 7 and 8. When you choose that, you get a screen which lets you choose Win 7 or Win 8. You telling me the boot loading file was there was the key. Thanks

I hope this helps others who may run across this.

Glad I was able to help you out. If you want to do away with using the "System Reserved" partition entirely, and your not scared of command line, you could prep/format your Windows HDs with DISKPART commands from a WinPE4 disk. If you google it you can find instructions on how to make a WinPE disk. Once you boot into the WinPE4 disk you can use the DISKPART commands to prep and format the HD so when you go to install windows, the disk is ready and you don't need to reformat having windows create the "System Reserved" partition. By formatting with DISKPART, you are actually making it so your writing the boot records and the OS to the same disk/partition.

chimera is the best for me , but waiting for clover to check how it is.

Thank for the info. I'm pretty familiar with command line but in this case the system is working without a real need to make changes. Sometimes when you fix something not broken, it's hard to "unbreak".

Nice! I‘m currently using Chimera to have a triple boot with OS X, Windows and Ubuntu. It really was easy to setup and I’m satisfied with the result but maybe there’s a bootloader that suits my needs even better.

Hi, just to let you know, I also use Chimera. But I wouldn't try anything else. I tried something called iHack and it ruined my Hackintosh. Lucky I had a backup!

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is the correct page for this.
How can I set the bootloader to automatically boot into osx without a pause before it loads "the apple white logo screen"

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back