Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
i5 3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Based on the feedback of Probook 4x0 G1 thread, I created a guide to suit my Clover guide, while waiting for new Probook Installer to support it. Be caution that this is only temporary guide, cause I don't have that laptop.

1. Step 1 to 10 in http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

2. Clover bootloader screen shows up, press F4 (to dump DSDT, SSDT...), then select "Boot OS X from YourPartition".

3. If everything goes well, you will boot straight to desktop. Download HP Probook Installer here http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook...s-support.html and install with ONLY these options:

OS X support kexts: 4x0s G0 support kexts
Optional hardware-specific fixes:
- EDID generator: Inject correct display EDID to your system.
Misc OS X fixes:
- Color profiles: Recommended.
- Sleep fix: disables OS X version of "hybrid sleep" where upon entering sleep, a "hibernation image" is written to the boot drive. Required for Clover bootloader.
Extra tools: All optional. Select the ones you want.

4. Download latest Clover here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/clov...les/Installer/ Run the installer with Customized options:
Install for UEFI booting only
Themes: Choose your desired themes
Drivers64UEFI:
- EmuVariableUefi-64
- OsxAptioFixDrv-64
Install RC scripts on target volume
Install Clover Preference Pane

5. Go to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/ (of your Clover USB) , copy all DSDT.aml and SSDT*.aml to DSDT folder on desktop. Download latest iasl here, copy iasl into the same folder. Open terminal and type this:
Code:
cd ~/Desktop/DSDT/
./iasl -da *.aml

6. Download MacIASL, go to Preferences > Sources, add those respority to MacIASL:
HP Probook: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/master
Laptop patches: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master

Then use MacIASL to open DSDT.dsl from DSDT folder in desktop, click Patch and select these patches, click apply for each:

[1.2] Probook 4x40s IvyBridge
[3.3] Fan and Temps (reading only)
[2.05] Haswell HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
[2.11] Brightness fix (Haswell)

Paste this extra fix and apply:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]into definitionblock code_regex External\s+\(_SB_\.ISCT\) remove_matched;[/COLOR]

Change your DSDT header as follows
From: DefinitionBlock ("dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "1942 ", 0x00000001)
To: DefinitionBlock ("dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "179C ", 0x00000001)

Click Compile to check if there is no error, save the file with format ACPI Machine Language Binary to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml (of EFI Partition).

7. Open terminal, run the following commands to create ssdt.aml
Code:
curl -o ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ssdtPRGen.sh
./ssdtPRGen.sh    (Press n twice)

Copy SSDT.aml on desktop to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ (of EFI Partition).

8. [FOR AMD GRAPHICS ONLY] Use MacIASL to open ssdt-6.dsl (You can see "AMDSGTBL" in Definition Block), click Patch and select
[5.1] Call _OFF from _INI

Apply, click Compile to check if there is no error, save the file with format ACPI Machine Language Binary to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT-1.aml (of EFI Partition).

9. [FOR AMD GRAPHICS ONLY] Copy SSDT5.aml (You can see "SaSSDT" in Definition Block) in ~/Desktop/DSDT/ to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ (of EFI Partition), rename it to SSDT-2.aml.

10. Copy config.plist from USB to /EFI/Clover/ (of EFI Partition).
Copy HFSPlus.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ from your USB to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ in EFI partition, remove VBoxHfs-64.efi

11. Use Clover Configurator here: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/49-clover-configurator/ to edit some values in your config.plist:
- ACPI > GeneratePStates/CStates: uncheck
- Gui > Theme: set your theme name
- SMBIOS: create your new SMBIOS with random Serial Number

12. Recheck if config.plist, dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml, ssdt-1.aml, ssdt-2.aml are placed correctly in EFI partition of internal drive.

13. Restart, you should see Clover screen and option to boot to Mavericks. Enjoy!

TO CHANGE YOUR SMBIOS TO MACBOOK PRO
By default, my config.plist uses MacBookAir 6,1 as SMBIOS because it's supported since 10.9.0, if you want to change to MacBook Pro, make sure you update to 10.9.2 and use Clover Configurator to generate a MacBook Pro 11,1 or 11,2 SMBIOS.

hey, thx for u support. i really have low time for now, but do fast test. when pbi install get error, but i suppose kext installed cause it says about kext beeing loaded but not singed or smth like that. extra tools dosn't appear after error, but i checked for hwmonitor, maciasl etc. compiling dsdt makes 1 error (line 47, name already exists...) 13 warning, 9 remark, 2142 optimization. didn't tested guide next. waiting for u comment. thx.

btw restarting laptop go to black screen. don't know the reason for now. if power off and start all normal.

hey, thx for u support. i really have low time for now, but do fast test. when pbi install get error, but i suppose kext installed cause it says about kext beeing loaded but not singed or smth like that. extra tools dosn't appear after error, but i checked for hwmonitor, maciasl etc. compiling dsdt makes 1 error (line 47, name already exists...) 13 warning, 9 remark, 2142 optimization. didn't tested guide next. waiting for u comment. thx.

btw restarting laptop go to black screen. don't know the reason for now. if power off and start all normal.

Please send all your original dsdt, ssdt.

done. can't use clover configurator cause its need internet connection for install, have no internet on 450g1. waiting for wifi card. computer loading, and working. sleep after ~10 sek works. tochpad works. tochpad on\off works. multiguestes works (3 touch, it catch like command+ctrl+up or down). fn keys some works, but didn't do full test. for example on 450g1 fn+f8 disable micro and led on, but nothing. volume on\off button works, but led not sync with push. i mean when it off it must led orange and when it on it must led white, but it not works properly. sound works. camera works. numlock button not working (but on 4530s its not working too) its always on (led off). cd-rom opens. caps lock works. more complex tests will try tomorrow. for now must go. thx.

btw i really pay attention on [1.2] Probook 4x40s IvyBridge
i think that unnessasery things must be off. more native more stable.

done. can't use clover configurator cause its need internet connection for install, have no internet on 450g1. waiting for wifi card. computer loading, and working. sleep after ~10 sek works. tochpad works. tochpad on\off works. multiguestes works (3 touch, it catch like command+ctrl+up or down). fn keys some works, but didn't do full test. for example on 450g1 fn+f8 disable micro and led on, but nothing. volume on\off button works, but led not sync with push. i mean when it off it must led orange and when it on it must led white, but it not works properly. sound works. camera works. numlock button not working (but on 4530s its not working too) its always on (led off). cd-rom opens. caps lock works. more complex tests will try tomorrow. for now must go. thx.
Normal. Fn+F8 disables touchpad, does it work with you?

In system preferences > Keyboard, do you see "Use all F1, F2..."?
Please check again all Fn key, so that Rehabman can add your profile to next version of Voodoo (without renaming dsdt header).

btw i really pay attention on [1.2] Probook 4x40s IvyBridge
i think that unnessasery things must be off. more native more stable.

I examine that dsdt patch and do not find anything unnecessary, and OEM dsdt is not always "native".

omg, wrote so much and it disappared :cry:

what we have:

1 camera - work (led too)
2 sound:
mic inbuild - work
mic external - dunno (can't test)
headphones - work (all level normal)
speakers - work (level 1-4 near mute) :idea:
3 cd-rom - work (led too, button too)
4 touchpad - work (on/off button (led), 3 touch guesters, scroll up/down/</>)
5 usb - work (2.0/3.0, before/after sleep)
btw no disconnect message after sleep, perfect :cool:
6 sleep - work (fn+f3/power button/lid close/sleep button)
7 ethernet - work
8 battery - work (show %, status, time etc)
9 brightness - work (on the 0 level i can see desktop, its hard but.. i suppose monitor not off, only its
led [on 4530s i can't see anything])
10 buttons:
power button - work
wifi button - dunno (waiting for broadcom module)
sound button - work, but (it live its own live, led not sync with push) :idea:
10 keyboard - work (num lk is always on (led off) [don't know how to test it work], don't know how
to test insert button ^^) (between 0 and enter on the right side i have "," but then i press it show "."
btw on 4530s is similar)
11 fn keys:
fn+f4 - dunno (monitor on it)
fn+f8 - not work (micro on it [with led]) :idea:
fn+insert - dunno (scroll on it)
fn+home - work, but (prt sc on it, this button on/off touch pad) :idea:
fn+end - dunno (sys rq on it)
another - work (fn+f3/f6/f7/f9/f10/pg up/pg dn)
fn+f1/f2 i get sound like error or smth like this (no fn+f1/f2 key on 450g1)
btw i am using FN+ in options. didn't tested with out it.
12 hdmi - not work (when pluged in get hard restart and when get to mavericks loading get restart
again, system not loading with hdmi in) :!:
13 vga - not working :!:
14 card reader - not working (realtek) :!:
15 wifi - waiting for module :arrow:

what more test should i do? speed step etc..? and how?
must i remove/update/backup some kext etc..? mb it has some unnecessary kexts loaded?
anyway will do more tests. and result here.

-----
catched:
after restart/sleep if i want to change sound level it auto get max :banghead:
-----

i wrote some more before, but already forgot it. nxt time will save txt.

thx :thumbup:

WOW, that's more detail then I expected. So the keyboard layout has some changes, you need to change dsdt header to original, then create a keyboard layout that suits your computer (and your liking) most.

What do you mean by "mb it has some unnecessary kexts loaded"?

So in the end, the remaining problems are:
Keyboard layout - Need you to manually remap
HDMI Port - Need a patch for HD4400/4600 mobile
VGA port - Look like never work, can use HDMI-VGA adapter like HD4000

To check speedstep, use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext

What do you mean by "mb it has some unnecessary kexts loaded"?
i have found 2 topic on 450 g1:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...advice-hp-probook-450-ivy-bridge-haswell.html
and
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-450-g1-osx-mavericks-installation-guide.html
plus u topic about clover
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html
where smth like this:
"14. (Optional) Restore vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleRTC.kext (they're backed up in desktop) by using Kext Wizard."
or
"You could try with and without GenericUSBXHCI (eg. remove GenericUSBXHCI, and you'll then be using the apple kext, AppleUSBXHCI)."

Keyboard layout - Need you to manually remap
its only one symbol..)

Please check again all Fn key, so that Rehabman can add your profile to next version of Voodoo (without renaming dsdt header).
RehabMan are u here?) Plz

HDMI Port - Need a patch for HD4400/4600 mobile
can i some how reanimate hdmi, or must wait?

VGA port - Look like never work, can use HDMI-VGA adapter like HD4000
on 4530s with hd 3000 it works

To check speedstep, use AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext
ok

witch tests must do more? mean, i didn't know about speedstep before saw it here. mb some other
technology witch not see, but must be audited.

can i some how repair:
speakers - work (level 1-4 near mute)
sound button - work, but (it live its own live, led not sync with push)
after restart/sleep if i want to change sound level it auto get max

"14. (Optional) Restore vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleRTC.kext (they're backed up in desktop) by using Kext Wizard."

Only optional, make no change.
"You could try with and without GenericUSBXHCI (eg. remove GenericUSBXHCI, and you'll then be using the apple kext, AppleUSBXHCI)."
You can try it, I'm afraid that you can't sleep without using GenericUSBXHCI + -gux_defer_usb2 flag

can i some how reanimate hdmi, or must wait?
Need to find around internet to find a working patch.
on 4530s with hd 3000 it works
VGA does not work since HD4000 and I'm afraid that new HD4400+ are the same.
witch tests must do more? mean, i didn't know about speedstep before saw it here. mb some other
technology witch not see, but must be audited.
led light is old problem, not critical enough to fix.
about sound volume, are you sure you selected EmuVariable and Install RC scripts while installing Clover? You can run the installer again with choices in post 1, no further copy is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back