Motherboard
GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, first of all thanks for reading.

So I've running my custom mac for 4 years now (wow, time passes fast) and for the last year or so I've running Sierra no problemas at all since I bought a 1050ti so that I could have an straight forward configuration and use.

Now I've decided to upgrade to Mojave and give my system a nice and needed clean up with a fresh OS. But reading I've realised that my actual graphics card is not supported by Mojave as of yet (and I don't know if it will ever be supported).

So, I would like yo know if it's worth to sell the 1050ti and buy a radeon graphics card and which; the thing is that with this nvidia it worked through the install and everything smoothly and I don't know how much work it is with the radeons (or maybe it's just plug and play and theres no need of installing and additional kexts or option).

I'm a bit lost right now as you can see, so any help would be appreciated.

Hi, first of all thanks for reading.

So I've running my custom mac for 4 years now (wow, time passes fast) and for the last year or so I've running Sierra no problemas at all since I bought a 1050ti so that I could have an straight forward configuration and use.

Now I've decided to upgrade to Mojave and give my system a nice and needed clean up with a fresh OS. But reading I've realised that my actual graphics card is not supported by Mojave as of yet (and I don't know if it will ever be supported).

So, I would like yo know if it's worth to sell the 1050ti and buy a radeon graphics card and which; the thing is that with this nvidia it worked through the install and everything smoothly and I don't know how much work it is with the radeons (or maybe it's just plug and play and theres no need of installing and additional kexts or option).

I'm a bit lost right now as you can see, so any help would be appreciated.

Nvidia more than likely won’t make web drivers for Mojave. You can use High Sierra, but for Mojave either IGPU or AMD. There are really good deals on RX 570-580 models right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back