Register

Expensive Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi

Im looking to spend 50k to 100k on building a computer what you recommend not sure which parts to purchase
Not sure which case and not sure which wireless adaptors and cpu coolers and power supply and case lighting and not sure overclock the system and would i need pci-e or raid. I would love this computer to be insane. Would i need Water Cooling. Thinking getting 10 Gigabit Card
  • 2 Intel Xeon 22 Cores
  • 4 to 6 Samsung 850 evo 4tb
  • Corsair 128gb
  • 2 Blu-Ray 4K BD/DVD/CD
  • Asus Sound Card Essence Stx
  • 2 Nvidia Quadro 24gb
  • Asus Z10PE D16 WS
  • Media Card Reader
  • Internal Tv Tuner

Paul

Can't imagine that you'll be able to run macOS High Sierra on a monster build like that and utilize all it's potential.

Why not wait for a maxed out 18 Core iMac Pro and a (?) Core 2018 Mac Pro ? Even with the top of the line MP it will be difficult to spend 50K on the two systems. You might be able to spend over $30,000 o_O anything close to $100,000 would have to be a Super computer.

Can't imagine that you'll be able to run macOS High Sierra on a monster build like that and utilize all it's potential.

Why not wait for a maxed out 18 Core iMac Pro and a (?) Core 2018 Mac Pro ? Even with the top of the line MP it will be difficult to spend 50K on the two systems. You might be able to spend over $30,000 o_O anything close to $100,000 would have to be a Super computer.

Maybe he meant 5k - 10k

Maybe he meant 5k - 10k
From previous posts it looks like his currency is Australian Dollars.
100,000 Australian Dollars equals 79,153.50 US Dollars today.

Last edited:
From previous posts it looks like his currency is Australian Dollars.
100,000 Australian Dollars equals 79,153.50 US Dollars today.
Well I'll be.....That would make a difference. Still seems excessive for a workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back