Contribute
Register

ExFat Disks problem in Windows 8 release preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got several drives in my Hackintosh:
2 SSDs (1 for OSX, 1 for Win 8)
and three HDDs.
Now I wanted to formate the HDDs via the ExFat format in order to use them both in Win and OSX. Unfortunately the ExFat disks are only recognized in OSX, so I have no possibilities to access data like my fotos and movies in my Win installation. The ExFat format is supposed to work under both operating systems. Anyone got a clue how to fix this?
I'm using on my internal 2TB HDD the exFat system... and my windows 8.1 and OS X see it :)

Hello guys! I got mine to work!!

I used parted magic. I used the disk utility application on it and reformatted the hard drive again to exFAT. I believe OSX corrupts the GUID table when it tries to format the hard drive to exFAT. If you don't want to buy parted magic, try using a free linux distro like ubuntu.

Good luck, please let me know if it works and spread the word.

Hello guys! I got mine to work!!

I used parted magic. I used the disk utility application on it and reformatted the hard drive again to exFAT. I believe OSX corrupts the GUID table when it tries to format the hard drive to exFAT. If you don't want to buy parted magic, try using a free linux distro like ubuntu.

Good luck, please let me know if it works and spread the word.

I ran into this same issue and was stuck in a boot lock. I tried running parted magic but i would lose GUI display after it loaded so not sure if that Live CD requires use of onboard GFX, I am using a discrete GPU. So Instead I used a Free 3rd party Windows Tool (Active Partition Manager) to format my 4TB HD with exFAT and have not had anymore boot locks. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back