Contribute
Register

Exclusive: Hands on with Gigabyte’s upcoming mini-ITX motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Exclusive: Hands on with Gigabyte’s upcoming mini-ITX motherboards

Looking at your build, it looks like HDMI Audio is not working. That's a deal breaker for someone who is trying to build an OS X HTPC. If that is in fact a true statement, I don't see how it's 99.99% working.
Thanks for the info. I've reduced the compatibility rate.

There are a lot of Atheros wifi cards on eBay. What is a good dual-band one to get for this board? Thanks.

I don't see why there is so much anticipation for this board. Intel already has a H77 chipset mini-itx board ( DH77DF ) which has a mini pci-e slot, intel ethernet, sata-III *and* has a DisplayPort. I have everything working on the DH77DF, so I know it makes a good hackintosh candidate, there just aren't a bunch of guides or pre-made DSDT's for it.

Could you please write a step-by-step instruction how to make work Intel DH77DF?

Thanks

Now if they could just loose the ridiculous PS/2 keyboard/mouse port. Does anyone use them anymore (even with windows or linux). =) I'm going to build a ML Server inside a BitFenix Prodigy case once this mainboard hits the market.

I think some folks still make use of PS/2 keyboards, but that's about it. That's why you only see one instead of two on mobos these days. the PS/2 mouse at least is dead at the door.

I am also interested in that board. Sorry for the noop question, but the description mentions, that there is no ssd raid possible, due to the drivers. Does that mean it is not possible at all with osx? Is it possible to achieve that with that board somehow(without pci raid controller)? Or what raid controllers are supported?
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back