GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I have a perfectly running Hackintosh. However now I think about getting a larger boot-HDD, will it be possible to just copy the data 1:1 to the new drive without having to install everything again?

My setup looks like this: 1x SSD 120GB with 2 OS partitions: 60GB for Windows 8 and 60GB for OS X Mountain Lion, as bootloader I use Chimera.

After installing I noticed that 60GB for Mac OS is quite OK for my purposes. But Window eats up WAY too much space, I didn't install anything else on that partition and I only have 5GB left. So I would like to upgrade to a 500GB SSD with 2 partitions. Is that a good option? And is there a way to avoid reinstalling the OSes?

Kind regards

Strictly from an ease standpoint, may be easier to keep the 120GB ssd for OSX and go dual boot with a second 240 GB drive for Windows.

From my experience, it is fairly difficult if not impossible to just move Win 8. You are likely looking at a reinstall. OSX isnt too bad, you can use CCC and then reinstall Chimera.

Thank you RG! Of course! That would be the easiest solution!

But unfortunately my SATA connections are limited. So I think I'm looking at a complete reinstall :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back