Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> EXACT Copy of AppleHDA.kext Needed... How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My High Sierra computer's copy of AppleHDA.kext (v 281.52) has an "unknown" signature. My Mojave computer's copy of that file is version 282.54 and has a good signature. But if I copy it to the desktop, its permissions change from the original System/Wheel/Everyone to Me/Staff/Everyone, and I can't use it as a replacement.

How can I keep the original version's permissions, so I can replace my High Sierra computer's AppleHDA.kext with one that is correct? Re-installing High Sierra still gives me the one with a bad signature (unknown)!

If you install with KextBeast (or similar) it should fix the permissions.

Pilgrim,

You saved me, thanks very much.I had actually re-installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 from a fresh Apple download twice, but I still wound up with an "AppleHDA.kext" whose signature was "Unknown." And updating from OC 0.7.9 to OC 0.8.0 resulted in "AppleHDA.kext" not loading due to that. For some reason the sound "devices" are there with the earlier boot loader, but not the later one. However as you wrote, using "Kextbeast" to install a later version of AppleHDA.kext does indeed correct the wrong permissions as copied to the right ones. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back