Contribute
Register

EX58-UD5 Clover 10.10 Success (except sleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte EX58-UD5
CPU
Intel i7 920
Graphics
Nvidia 9800GT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was able to get clover to work on an EX58-UD5 board and here's my stuff:

GA-EX58-UD5 Mobo
9800GT Video card
i7-950

I got everything working with Unibeast (easy, just remember that you'll need the boot flags -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=no )

Once you've run mutlitbeast everything should be solid except I noticed that I had to keep fixing bios to have AHCI mode and 64 bit power.... I don't have that problem in clover so I didn't worry about a permanent fix for it.

Then I installed clover with the settings in Tony's guide for post install on a legacy system (see attachment clover settings)

Then I used the attached config and dsdt and the 3 kexts from Tony's Clover guide + replacing the vbox file he says to get rid with the HFSPlus-64.efi

Then it's really important to go into clover configurator before rebooting and changing your Graphics section to inject Nvidia. I banged my head against the wall for quite a while because it was injecting intel by default. (see screenshot for what you want to see).

Reboot into the OS X drive (I set the timeout in cover configurator to 0 so that I don't see the clover screen) and now you will need to get sound working for clover... IF YOU TRY TO USE MULTIBEAST AT THIS POINT FOR SOUND YOU WILL BREAK IT :) Trust me, I know... (you'll get the circle with a line though it-- or the "no symbol" where the apple would be during boot) ha ha so the deal is that you have a ALC889a sound codec which apparently is the same as 885... so here's what you do:

Go here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

And follow the instructions that start a little way down the page (BOLD SECTION 3) starting with
"3. cloverALC/Clover patched: automatically detects codec and installs all audio files and patches for ALC onboard audio. Audio persists after most Software Updates. Install once and done. Credit: abxite"

Your system may identify your codec as ALC885-- mine did and that's totally ok. Follow the few steps and you'll have a pretty bulletproof system from head to toe...

I made sure to generate my simbios stuff while I was in clover configurator too, but that's it! Hopefully that helps someone!

I really wish I could get sleep to work right, I just don't know what to do there...

Attachments

• clover-Settings.png
    clover-Settings.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 1,119
  • config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 565
  • DSDT.aml
    11.4 KB · Views: 380
  • FakeSMC.kext.zip
    39.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 5.41.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 5.41.50 PM.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 970
Last edited:
I have same setup as yours, i got it through proper boot only problem is no audio, I'm running the script but after stating 885 it tell script doesn't support it.any suggestions?

I have same setup as yours, i got it through proper boot only problem is no audio, I'm running the script but after stating 885 it tell script doesn't support it.any suggestions?

Hmmm I don't know enough to give you any advice except that it worked like a charm for me. Perhaps leave a comment on that thread?

Hey it would be of great help if you could post screenshots of your clover configurator s acpi and boot options , I'll try to cross check my side ,and enable accordingly
Thank in advance

Hmmm I don't know enough to give you any advice except that it worked like a charm for me. Perhaps leave a comment on that thread?

actually leave the screenshots, i finally got it working xD! i kinda used your dsdt and config since our systems were similar don't seem to be having any issues now :D!!! will work on the sleep part too, if anything comes up will let you know
and thnx again , actually cz of your method only i could get through clover since i was having trouble finding a guide for legacy bios specially this one mob!

actually leave the screenshots, i finally got it working xD! i kinda used your dsdt and config since our systems were similar don't seem to be having any issues now :D!!! will work on the sleep part too, if anything comes up will let you know
and thnx again , actually cz of your method only i could get through clover since i was having trouble finding a guide for legacy bios specially this one mob!

Cool, glad you got it!

I blew up like 2 long days getting it going with lots of trial and error, so I am SO glad it helped you. I struggled like crazy, but it's incredibly solid now-- except sleep-- so I'm really happy.

@5star,
I try to make my installation (Mavericks 10.9.5) but i have some difficult to configure the system (with clover configurator)
i have the same Mobo and i ask you if you can post the screenset of your configuration

My System is :

CPU- INTEL i7 930

GPU- NVIDIA GTS 250

MOBO - GA EX58 UD5 bios F13

RAM - CORSAIR 12 GB

please let me know
thank you in advance
Fabio

Hi Fabio,

I started to make a screencast video for you, but I'm really not sure what you are looking for. With the screenshots provided and the outline above, I am not clear on what trouble you are having. I think there would be some value to making a "start to finish" video, but since the machine is remote as a backup machine being used at a friend's house, I don't really have the ability to tear the machine down to nothing and start over. I wouldn't really have the time to do that even if it was easily accessible.

But if you can outline the issue you're having, I would be happy to try to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back