Contribute
Register

EX58-UD5 Clover 10.10 Success (except sleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 5star,
First of all thank you for you help !! i really appreciate that .
The problems with my configuration are following:

1- After installing the 10.9.5 with Clover i follow the tonymac guide that i says:
"Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*
After that the machine started to have kernel panic and after that start rebooting in loop

2- Since is the first time i use Clover configurator i don't know how to configure the machine
if you have a guide to configure and optimize the .plist file please send me (i use the machine for pro audio application)

3- I Don't know if i need specific kext for my system (audio don't work after clover install)
If you need any other info let me know

Thank you
Fabio

P.S if you want we can make a meeting via team viewer (but i don't know where you are from) i'm from Milan in Italy

I have found this guide that said : Don’t reformat the EFI partition to FAT32 because it won’t be used as UEFI booting anyway. The EFI partition will act as a active booting partition just like booting a MBR drive

http://mymac4music.com/2014/09/hackintosh-tutorial-final-–-upgrade-to-lion/

Hi 5star,
First of all thank you for you help !! i really appreciate that .
The problems with my configuration are following:

1- After installing the 10.9.5 with Clover i follow the tonymac guide that i says:
"Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*
After that the machine started to have kernel panic and after that start rebooting in loop

This Yosemite Desktop Support section, if you have problem with Mavericks post under Mavericks support section.

2- Since is the first time i use Clover configurator i don't know how to configure the machine
if you have a guide to configure and optimize the .plist file please send me (i use the machine for pro audio application)

Clover is not easy as UniBeast/MultiBeast setup.

Use UniBeast USB and complete the installation, later you can test clover with a test USB.

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html

3- I Don't know if i need specific kext for my system (audio don't work after clover install)
If you need any other info let me know

GUIDE (For Yosemite) : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

P.S if you want we can make a meeting via team viewer (but i don't know where you are from) i'm from Milan in Italy

See the forum rules :D

Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

I have found this guide that said : Don’t reformat the EFI partition to FAT32 because it won’t be used as UEFI booting anyway. The EFI partition will act as a active booting partition just like booting a MBR drive

http://mymac4music.com/2014/09/hackintosh-tutorial-final-–-upgrade-to-lion/

Here is the official guide for clover : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

Hello!

Many thanks for your concise guide on your success with installation of Yosemite on GA-EX58-UD5. I am looking to work on a friend's "hackintosh" in a few weeks, but wanted to get a head start on my research. The last time I installed things for him was with Snow Leopard, and it has been working great for him. Unfortunately (for me Ha!), he's now purchased a new iPhone 6S, which won't work unless he's got the latest version of iTunes installed. Guess what? Apple has disabled installation of the compatible iTunes version on 10.6.8, so I am left with no choice but to delve into installing Yosemite for him, and updating his OSX. I don't mind (and I am sure he doesn't either) for him to NOT be on El-Capitan as Yosemite will do just fine, so I am quite interested on how you got it working. The last time I did this, as you can see, was a very long time ago, so I have no idea about Clover, or even one of the latest versions of Uniboot. In fact, I'll have to look into how to create a USB installation disk with Clover attached to it.

Specifically from your installation notes, I am confused whether you used Uniboot in the beginning and then changed to Clover post-installation, or exactly what? Any updates or any new pointers since your writing (if you've had to reinstall it on the same machine), would be really appreciated! I'll be purchasing a new SSD for him, so as not to touch his current setup in case I fail miserably at installing OSX.10 on his computer, and can safely fall back on it. I do have access to a MacBook Pro, so if installing OSX.10 on the "external" SSD will help my case, please do let me know.

Thank you so much in advance!

Hi there.

Just found a GA-EX58-UD5 that I was hoping to use as a second hackintosh, I was hoping to use 10.13 but the installer won't load using the config and DSDT given here. Do any of you happen to have an updated clover config for a newer MacOS?

All the best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back