Motherboard
EVGA SR-2
CPU
2 x X5675
Graphics
R9 290X, R9 290
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
What up guys. This is my first Hackintosh build, and after doing it, probably not my last. I was going to put this in the build thread but I havent finished fixing audio and Im getting a new compatible wifi card in Saturday.

MB - EVGA Z87 Stinger
CPU - 4770k
GPU - EVGA GTX 480
RAM - GSkill 1600Mhz, 2x8GB
SSD - Samsung 840 Pro ( Windows Install )
HDD - WD something 320GB ( OS X 10.10 Yosemite )
WiFi - Soon to be BCM94322HM8L
Bluetooth - Onboard, just worked
Sound - Onboard Creative Soundblaster Recon 3Di NOT WORKING
Case - EVGA Hadron Hydro with water cooling kit

After buying the Hydro case, I seen now they are fitting the Corsair H100i in the Hadron Air case. I think the air case looks a little better, so I might be doing another build with that one. My only problem is with the audio not working.

I used Clover, and had problems getting it to work. Turns out the only thing I had to do was go to the settings and check the Nvidia box. That was when I installed Mavericks. Right after I got Mavericks working, I installed Yosemite, with the Nvidia config.plist file. All went smooth. I just followed the Clover directions, and it just worked. My audio is the only thing not working. Its a Sound Blaster Recon 3Di. Im waiting for my wifi card to come in. About the first 10 reviews for it on Amazon say it works on a Hackintosh, so Im excited about that. I have been having a lot of problems overclocking under Windows. None of my settings seem to stick after I get into Windows. I have found that if I set the CPU Multiplier in BIOS, and then under Clover, set the bus speed, which is the BCLK, I can get whatever overclock i want. Much easier than Windows. Im trying to find a good program to stress test it, so far messing around I got 8.25GHz. I could barely get 4.4GHz under Windows.
WP_20140702_003_zps284d293d.jpg
ScreenShot2014-07-02at20040AM_zps138f37b0.png
ScreenShot2014-07-02at21642AM_zps65a65d4c.png

Amazing.

Be careful here talking Yosemite, you might want to read the rules...

Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban.

Did your bios require any patching? Also, did you attempt on board graphics at all during your install? With the gigabyte z87n hard to find these days, this board looks like a neat alternative if it's good to go OOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back