Contribute
Register

EVGA SuperNOVA 1000Watt G2 80 PLUS GOLD - Fully Modular - $139.99 after $30.00 rebate card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATB

Graphics
GTX770
www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438010

17-438-010-TS_002.jpg17-438-010-Z06_002.jpg

I wonder why they chose to name this PSU SuperNova ? A power supply that
blows up doesn't sound like a great choice to install in a computer. :eek:

SUPERNOVA:
A star (which is the power supply for all life) that suddenly increases greatly in brightness
because of a catastrophic explosion that ejects most of its mass.

I wonder why they chose to name this PSU SuperNova ? A power supply that
blows up doesn't sound like a great choice to install in a computer. :eek:

SUPERNOVA:
A star (which is the power supply for all life) that suddenly increases greatly in brightness
because of a catastrophic explosion that ejects most of its mass.

I dont know, good question, I cant answer that.

$139 for a 1000Watt fully modular PSU seemed like a good deal, thought Id share it.

Yeah, $139 for that is a steal.The EVGA brand has really high quality gfx cards and power supplies. They just need some turnover in their marketing dept. staff.

1000 W Gold should be able to handle a dual or triple or SLI you setup easily. 83.3 amps on a single +12V rail is pretty impressive. FSP builds these for EVGA so you know the build quality should be there. Going to put one in your next build ?

I dont know, good question, I cant answer that.

$139 for a 1000Watt fully modular PSU seemed like a good deal, thought Id share it.

Yeah, it's a good deal as FSP, one of the oldest and most reliable PSU makers, builds it for
EVGA to their specs. If it's got good warranty backing it's a thumbs up buy :thumbup:

Here's a tip for those needing lower wattage, quality power at a very affordable price. I did
some research on who makes which power supply. (The name brand doesn't always reflect
the actual OEM) I found that Seasonic makes the Neo Eco series for Antec. These have
wattage that ranges from about 400-620 watts. Since they're not real huge sellers on Newegg
they often have some incredible prices for these with discount codes and rebates. I bought
a 520W Antec Neo Eco for about $29 after rebate to get Seasonic bronze certified efficiency
and quality for a budget build. It's so quiet I can't even hear it above the CPU fan. There are
also many Corsair models that are made by Seasonic. Check on Tom's hardware for
the specific models.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-manufacturer,2913-5.html

Tom's hardware puts it (520C) into most of their Sub $1000 gaming PC builds because of it's quality
and efficiency. I've been more than happy with it for 2 years now.

TRS 2013-12-14 at 9.24.12 AM.jpg

Yeah, $139 for that is a steal.The EVGA brand has really high quality gfx cards and power supplies. They just need some turnover in their marketing dept. staff.

1000 W Gold should be able to handle a dual or triple or SLI you setup easily. 83.3 amps on a single +12V rail is pretty impressive. FSP builds these for EVGA so you know the build quality should be there. Going to put one in your next build ?

Dunno, next build will most likely be at least 3 years from now! Im building this week using an OCZ 850Watt PSU (80+ Gold Fully Modular) was on sale with rebates $99.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back