Graphics
GTX 760 / (2) HD4000/ HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I know there's another topic open but he actually fixed his issue. I've gone over just about every thread on insanelymac and here and still can't figure out what's wrong here.

My setup:
GA-EP45-UD3L
8GB DDR2
eVGA nVidia GT240 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YITYKS/ref=wms_ohs_product)

I've attached my DSDT & 10.6.4 AppleHDA (bin patched per Tony's instructions) for inspection.

I've tried VoodooHDA 0.2.56, 0.2.1, 2.7.2, 2.6.1 and while it recognizes the card, I can't get any audio out to the TV or through my HDMI switch.

With the DSDT method, it doesn't even recognize the sound at all. I have my onboard sound disabled. To be honest, I've tried a bunch of different DSDT edits including Tony's & tmonkgol from Insanelymac.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, please do! Thanks.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 90
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
Check my message here:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8894

It has an edited AppleHDA plus a DSDT with the required edits. The DSDT won't do you much good unless you compare it with the F11 or F9 P55M-UD4 DSDT in the DSDT database. I think the HDMI audio code was only around 7 lines total that occurred somewhere around line 400. The actual edits can also be found in the link described below.

Here's something I sent in a PM a while ago about how I got my HDMI audio to work.

"I used a modified version of the advanced method Tony posted. Voodoo never did more than 2 channel audio for me, but using those DSDT edits plus an edited AppleHDA got multichannel HDMI audio working. It only shows up as a single entry in the Sound preference pane and the LegacyHDA that allowed my onboard audio to work is still fully functional (and is still in extras/extensions).

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/10/ ... tions.html

Go to the advanced method.

Step 1, I ignored. Chameleon provides my graphics card support and I don't have any other changes/edits to make it work.

Step 2, I modified. I couldn't get Tony's edits to work, so I replaced them with the Toledo's edits from the thread below. Those compiled and worked perfectly.
http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6821&start=40

Step 3, I ignored because I had no graphics enablers and editing my com.apple.boot.plist caused nothing but problems.

Step 4, I did exactly as Tony posted."

Tim

Thank you much for your help. Still not getting this working tho :(

I've attached my new DSDT for you to check out. It looks EXACTLY like yours so I'm really stumped!! Can you take a look at it? Thank you

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    15.3 KB · Views: 166
savestheday said:
So I finally got it working! Bad news is, I can't get Encoded Digital Audio out, only 8 channel. Do you get Encoded Digital Out?

When you are using "Audio MIDI Setup", do you have audio option like the following picture? My graphic card is Sapphire HD5770 and OS X 10.6.5. Note: the number of audio channels via an HDMI cable depends on an LCD TV or a receiver.
010.jpg

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 271
savestheday said:
Yes I *see* Encoded Digital Audio out but if I chose it, the audio cuts out. Weird thing is, my receiver says it's getting DTS.

It depends on the source of DVD movie/song.

For testing: using a DVD movie/song that has DTS with DVD Player.
Open DVD Player Preferences and select Digital Output then you should get Encoded Digital Output. Also look at Audio Midi Setup what will be.
011.jpg

or using VLC, got to learn how to yourself.
012.jpg
013.jpg

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 288
I dunno....I did that, played the Toy Story 3 DVD and it says Movie Direct on my receiver. If I play an MKV with DTS through Plex, my receiver says DTS. Maybe DVD player isn't passing AC3/DTS but Plex is?

Question is, as long as my receiver says DTS, it's passing correctly, right? Could it read DTS but not be passing all channels?

savestheday said:
I dunno....I did that, played the Toy Story 3 DVD and it says Movie Direct on my receiver. If I play an MKV with DTS through Plex, my receiver says DTS. Maybe DVD player isn't passing AC3/DTS but Plex is?

Question is, as long as my receiver says DTS, it's passing correctly, right? Could it read DTS but not be passing all channels?

I got DTS (5.1) thru HDMI when I played DVD Player. Did you select sound option, like DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1, from the front menu?

Did you try to play Toy Story 3 DVD by using VLC? This player is more compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back