Contribute
Register

EVGA GTX950 (02G-P4-2951-KR) Dual 4K Monitor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take the second card out now, so I can boot again and have another (closer) look at the EFI partition and compare it to the last "working" state.
Since you've only altered one driver in your EFI folder and replaced it, I'm not sure as to why you can no longer boot. Good idea to test your system with one card at this point. Have you signed into iMessage with an iMac14,2 system definition? I ask because it will be worth backing up your config.plist and reinstall Clover if the problem/graphics issue persists.

It booted up right away with only one card installed. I checked the EFI partition against my last EFI backup and it is identical. Meaning I did revert the driver test completely. I have to admin that I find it strange that now I can't boot with two cards installed at all anymore, but I guess I will have to say goodbye to the dual GPU dream and instead focus on finding a used 980. Overall dual GPUs seems to be unstable with 14,2 as well.

Yes, I used Messages with the 14,2 setup already. I also went ahead and unregistered/re-registered all the plugins to the new 14,2 serial last night. A few complicated exceptions are still to be changed by the respective company though. But I guess I will stay on 14,2 now. ;) Will make Nvidia driver updates a little easier as well. :)

If you think I should not give up just yet, let me know. Otherwise I thank you again very much for your time and help!

I would definitely stick with an iMac14,2 system definition in your position since you've registered with the Apple Server. I would never say to give it, if you need your system to be productive then stop until you have more time to test. If you have another system continue testing. Google dual GPU's, seems to work ok with AMD discreet GPU's. I'll be testing dual 4K at the end of the month from my GTX970.
It doesn't make sense that you booted with both cards installed and suddenly it stopped booting. You're welcome, I enjoy testing, finding answers especially since you're enthusiastic and trying to find a solution for the problem.

Yeah, I will stick with the iMac14,2 system definition for now.
I did not find a lot of up to date reports on dual Nvidia GPUs with Sierra (or El Capitan). There seem to be a few people in the forums (and on YouTube) who eventually have setups like this up and running, but overall it does not seem to be very popular. I will return my friend's card now and look for a 980 in order to make my dual screen setup a bit snappier. :)
Have a nice weekend for now!

Cheers!

Amadeus

Thanks, you too Amadeus. Enjoy your weekend and keep us up to date with your dual 4K monitor progress.

Keep us up to date with your dual 4K monitor progress.
I just wanted to let you know that I upgraded to a GTX 980 SC (I could grab a used one on Amazon with a few scratches but otherwise in working condition) and so far it does exactly what I was looking for. Everything feels super snappy again with the two 4k displays connected to it.

Thanks again for your help!

I just wanted to let you know that I upgraded to a GTX 980 SC (I could grab a used one on Amazon with a few scratches but otherwise in working condition) and so far it does exactly what I was looking for. Everything feels super snappy again with the two 4k displays connected to it.

Thanks again for your help!
You're welcome and great news that the 980 works for your 2 4K's. Thanks for posting back with your results. Good to know if anyone needs 2 4K's that the 980 will do the trick. Enjoy!

I have the same issue but I have only one 4k and second monitor is DVI connected small and old monitor. Only ASUS 4k has the black out issue randomly. Also I tested LG 4K it has the same issue. So I think this is MAC machine problem cuz Windows are ok with 4K.

How did you fix this issue? I am noob., so please give me a guide, like what cable I need and what's the next steps.

I enabled my TB function already.

Please help!!

I have the same issue but I have only one 4k and second monitor is DVI connected small and old monitor. Only ASUS 4k has the black out issue randomly. Also I tested LG 4K it has the same issue. So I think this is MAC machine problem cuz Windows are ok with 4K.

How did you fix this issue? I am noob., so please give me a guide, like what cable I need and what's the next steps.

I enabled my TB function already.

Please help!!

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is and what you'd like to achieve. Can you be a bit more specific?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back