Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there.

I've just installed via unibeast a clean OSX Sierra on my GAX79s Up5 with i7 3930k and EVGA GTX760.
Everything seems to be working fine after a bunch of adjustments in the config.plist and EFI kext folders.
I managed to update to 10.12.6 with no issue, injected USB3 GenericUSBXHCI, overclocked to 4.4ghz and everything is working pretty fine.

The only issue is that unfortunately the GPU is extremely glitching at the moment, lots of flickering when moving windows around etc. and that's the only thing is separating this build to be a perfectly working Hack at the moment.
I'm booting with the required Clover bootloader as adviced on tonymac and I've installed the latest nvidia web driver for 10.12.6.
The GPU works either in NVDIA webdriver and OSX native, but in any case the graphics is very glitching.
If I try to open a youtube video with firefox, for instance, it gets barely usable.
I've tested the multi monitor situation and there's no way to use multiple monitor either.
I only have monitors connected with DP, DVI and HDMI to the ports of the GTX760.
They worked absolutely perfect under Mavericks 10.9.5.

I've tried to put some kexts in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER like NvidiaGraphicsFixUp and Lilu found online with no luck.
I've also tried to install drivers via Clover such as EmuVariableUefi64, as suggested by someone on another forum, with no luck.
Also tried the fix suggested by another tonymac user on this thread with no luck:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dual-monitors-not-working-on-sierra-750ti.212551/
Still glitching and no multi-monitor support.
It's a bit disappointing because coming from 5 years of hackintoshing on Mavericks, where everything worked like a charme, here on Sierra 10.12.6 it's kind of a bummer.
I've tried everything around, installed and re-installed OS 10.12 multiple times, started from a clean install with different options, but the problem still persists.
Am I doing something wrong?
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Cheers!

The GPU works either in NVDIA webdriver and OSX native
The GTX760 has native support - No need for web drivers - Remove them.

I've tried to put some kexts in EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER like NvidiaGraphicsFixUp and Lilu found online with no luck.
The GTX760 has native support - No need for additional kexts.
NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext is deprecated - See :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

Old versions of Lilu.kext will cause problems.

The GTX760 has native support - No need for web drivers - Remove them.

The GTX760 has native support - No need for additional kexts.

Done. Removed everything. No luck.
Let me add some context.
When I attempted the clean install of Sierra I followed the Unibeast guide on Tonymac.
Kernel panics all the way, not even possible to reach the installer.

Then I fould this thread regarding an installation tip for El Capitan on the Tonymac forum:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-el-capitain-installation-boot-failed.180547/
That was originally meant to be done for the GA X79 UP4, but it worked out for my X79 UP5 as well.
I reached the installer. I went through the installation, and I saw the desktop with no problem.
Then the system was insanely slow, glitchy, no chance to use it.
So I used Multibeast:
- UEFI Boot Mode pre-configured choices:
Bootloaders -> Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
Customize -> System Definition -> iMac -> iMac 14,2
-I changed the SMBIOS to Macpro 6,1
-ALC 898 (for audio)
-Added voodoo 6 core (i7 3930k)
-Added 7/8/9 Series motherboards USB support
-Added SSDT Sandy Bridge i7 Overclocked

Just before rebooting I also used Kextbeast to inject USB3 generic kext (worked out like a charm).

At reboot everything was quite better compared to the original install.
Then I went trough the Combo update 10.12.6.
No problem at all, it worket out perfectly.
Audio is working perfetly.

Wifi TCP pci is working, a PCI usb 3.1 is working.
Managed to overclock to 4.4 ghz.
Geekbench over 22000.
Everything is working.

The only thing is still not working is graphics.
Not only it's glitchy everytime, but there's no multi monitor support.

So, since the X79 UP5 has that wonderful feature of a dual bios selector, and since this configuration was on the secondary position on the back switch (blue and green leds), I revert the bios to my Mavericks configuration, boot from the 10.9.5 original drive, and everything is working again (including multi monitor etc).

I feel I'm just a step away from making this build working on Sierra, and that's frustrating because the GPU issue is something that makes this killer machine unusable for professional purposes.
It's very confusing, and my only guess is there is something in the mobo that needs to boe configured in a different way to make it work on Sierra?

BTW. After the first install of SIerra with unibeast the system worked out the box without the nvidia drivers, I knew that because it always was that way (native support for 760) but it was glitching a lot as I mentioned in my previous post.
So I tried the nvidia webdrivers to see if anything would improve, with no luck.
I'm guessing, as the very same system is working like a charm under 10.9.5 that is something related to a SSDT that is specifically related to this Mobo in order to make Sierra work on this configuration?

Why did you do this ?

zip your /EFI Folder and attach it.

Hi P1lgrim
I've spent more than half an hour to create my last post with a bunch of informations and now that post is removed.
I do not understand why, it was a precise guide to how I managed to make my hack to work and was explainatory of the process that I had to create from scratch to make it work.
I thought that was a good thing to share.
Not sure if I broke some rules here but I was only trying to give you all the information in the most accurate way possible.

I'm attaching the EFI folder zip again as requested.
If you can help me out I would appreciate that.
Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.1 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
MacPro6,1 is not appropriate for your hardware - Suggest iMac14,2.

Config.plist has nv_disable=1, no prospect of the graphics working correctly with drivers disabled.
npci=0x2000 is wrong - Not required.
Inject kexts should be set to Detect not Yes.

FakeSMC.kext is absent from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

How is the monitor connected ?

MacPro6,1 is not appropriate for your hardware - Suggest iMac14,2.

Config.plist has nv_disable=1, no prospect of the graphics working correctly with drivers disabled.
npci=0x2000 is wrong - Not required.
Inject kexts should be set to Detect not Yes.

FakeSMC.kext is absent from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

How is the monitor connected ?

Main monitor is on the top DVI port.
Other monitors are on bottom DVI and side DP and HDMI ports.

So I've followed your advice and proceeded step by step.
I've set Inject kexts to Detect.

But as soon as I remove nv_disable=1 and npci=0x2000 the system ends up in a black screen and stops there.

I tried to add nv_disable only and won't boot. With only npci=0x2000 won't boot either.

So it may be wrong, but only with both npci=0x2000 and nv_disable=1 in the arguments I was able to boot, that's why I've put those there.

Then I've also tried to switch to iMac14,2 with no arguments, but system won't boot.
With both npci=0x2000 and nv_disable=1 and iMac14,2 wil boot but gpu glitches are still there and no multimonitor.

Main monitor is on the top DVI port.
Other monitors are on bottom DVI and side DP and HDMI ports.
I have no idea what a side DP port is.

Before you try anything ambitious you should try to get just one monitor working correctly.
Suggest DP or HDMI.

To reiterate, npci=0x2000 and nv_disable=1 are both wrong.
Try removing both of your SSDT files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back