Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P (rev 1.0)
CPU
Intel Core i5-6600 6M Skylake 3.3 GHz
Graphics
GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Hi there, finally got an install to work on my Hackintosh! Typing this on my old iMac because I cant get network yet... :/
I'm using Skylake 6600 6M CPU as well.
The problem I can't seem to find an exact solution to is that my graphics card is working with the OS X Default Graphics Driver, but if I force it to use the Web Driver with boot flag "nvda_drv=1" (If I manually check the box in the preference pane to use the Web Driver, it doesn't work/stick on reboot), the screen goes black after boot before user login screen. Using the disable flag nv_disable=1 seems pointless as well. tried the 'sudo nvram' command, no luck. Any suggestions?
Also, any pointers on where to look to get ethernet running would be much appreciated! :)

Hi there, finally got an install to work on my Hackintosh! Typing this on my old iMac because I cant get network yet... :/
I'm using Skylake 6600 6M CPU as well.
The problem I can't seem to find an exact solution to is that my graphics card is working with the OS X Default Graphics Driver, but if I force it to use the Web Driver with boot flag "nvda_drv=1" (If I manually check the box in the preference pane to use the Web Driver, it doesn't work/stick on reboot), the screen goes black after boot before user login screen. Using the disable flag nv_disable=1 seems pointless as well. tried the 'sudo nvram' command, no luck. Any suggestions?
Also, any pointers on where to look to get ethernet running would be much appreciated! :)

What system profile are you using? Most Skylake builds are generally setup with iMac17,1 which requires some additional work to get around the black screen when using an Nvidia GPU that requires the web drivers. See problem #4 here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Hi! sorry for the late reply, and thank you for replying!
My SMBIOS is set at iMac 17,1. I just tried the AppleGraphics fix, and once again, the bootflag nvda_drv=1. The screen still goes to no signal. If I save the preference to use the NVidia Web Drivers instead of OS X Default using the prefpane, the setting isn't saved. I did an nvram test, and I don't think those values are saving. :/ Another problem I've encountered is that in the system profiler my RAM is recognized incorrectly...it says I have 2 DIMMs in the proper slots, but they are 2x8GB (16GB), and OS X reads them as 2x4GB (8GB).
This is my first build, and I've used Macs for a long time...a friend who is familiar with linux and hardware helped me with the build—the install has kind of been on me though.
Should I try pulling the graphics card and using internal graphics to install the drivers? I mean according to OS X they're installed -_- ah, the growing pains of getting a sweet hackintosh

Last edited:
What system profile are you using? Most Skylake builds are generally setup with iMac17,1 which requires some additional work to get around the black screen when using an Nvidia GPU that requires the web drivers. See problem #4 here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
St
I fixed the RAM issue by adding the <key>Memory</key> dict to the config.plist! I am using iMac 17,1 for the SMBIOS--Still can't seem to get the Nvidia card to use the web drivers...with the nvda_drv=1 bootflag, the screen still goes black after the apple logo screen.

Does Mac Pro 3,1 work for you?

I finally got the build to work by changing the board ID according to the Solving NVidia Driver Install & Loading Problems thread here (Problem 4>Method 3...though I want to try Pike R. Alpha's kext edit method again as I'm about to attempt update to 10.11.5).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back