Contribute
Register

evga GT740

Status
Not open for further replies.
evga GT 740

Hi I have the EVGA GT 740 superclocked version in my machine. Once inside OSX it works fine BUT will not wake up from sleep and even weirder and more important, won't turn on the display after a hard reboot. I'll have to re-set the bios to get the card to turn on the display.

I have an Intel i5 gen 4, Quad-core 3.4 ghz processor
Gigabyte h81MH Motherboard LGA 1150 w/ flashed v8 UEFI bios.

I have VT-d Disabled
XHCI on auto and on board graphics disabled.

I've tried w/ onboard graphics on and it doesn't work.

Here are my bootlist flags:

Quick Start > DSDT Free

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC887/888b Current v100302

Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA

Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.9.1315

Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal

Drivers > Network > Realtek > AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6

Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

Bootloaders > Chimera v3.0.1

Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options

Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States

Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop

Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache

Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode

Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1

Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Please Help I'm LOST!

Did a clean install and it works fine now!

Did someone test triple screen with this card?

I am currently looking into buy a cheap GPU such as this, when you say out of the box what do you mean? straight out and plugged in no installing drivers etc? what process did you go through? thanks

Hi,

I'm new to this but have been reading on this website for 4-5 years in preparation for my build. I purchased the gt 740 sc 4gb version and would like to initiate my install this week. Do you think the 4gb version should also work fine?

thanks

Hi,

I'm new to this but have been reading on this website for 4-5 years in preparation for my build. I purchased the gt 740 sc 4gb version and would like to initiate my install this week. Do you think the 4gb version should also work fine?

thanks

It should work just fine as it is using the same Kelper graphics chip as the others. As you have actually now purchased it then you will need to install it to make sure that it runs fine - you do not need the latest NVIDIA drivers to be installed.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/116220-do-i-need-graphicsenabler-injection-not.html

Thank you Adrian.

Would you happen to know what the best install guide would apply for me? I do not have access to a Mac, this is the 1st install, and I would be installing on a dedicated ssd for this.

I would like to go directly to Yosemite if possible.

Hi . But if you don't have onboard graphics card how do you install the system:eek:??

I have successfully run evga GT 740 4GB Superclocked on Yosemite. My card is recognized and resolution is great, but my issue is the VRAM. Its not displaying my 4gb on the specs. Anyone have an idea how to fix this or possibly a kext I can install to make it use the available ram on the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back